1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ifind that the high revving nature of the 400 is almost like a two stroke
being revved hard,
Iget the feeling when riding fast in top gear 6 and its revving hard
that it could use another gear ,I reckon engine could pull another gear easy:smile_big:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Members have achieved great results by changing to taller gearing without tripping a DTC. With a 39T rear sprocket.

Reactions: Topaz

·
Registered
145 Posts
Six gears seems to be enough for most bikes in the market.
I'm sure playing with the sprockets will get you on the right RPM's and speed.

Check out the gearing thread!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Maybe its just my riding style... but for me this bike yell DONT past 6k..
Sorry I don't understand this bike yell,if you mean it wont go past 6thourevs mine will easy and it did tonight
Strange, I can get mine past 10k easy
I think he means he doesn't want to exceed the 6k rpm range, because it seems to him to be working hard, vibrating or yelling. Not that the bike cant.... @Muchacho22 The bike loves to be ridden in its 7k+ power band, its a sports bike not a cruiser.

At this point your bike is fully broke-In sir and your practically bogging the bike down if your still riding & shifting at the 4 and 5k range that you've gotten so use to from breaking it in.

The 4 & 5k Rpm range is fine if you cruising around in residential neighborhoods or stop and go traffic, but once your out on the main streets and highways you should shifting and ridding in the bikes power band.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I think he means he doesn't want to exceed the 6k rpm range, because it seems to him to be working hard, vibrating or yelling. Not that the bike cant.... @Muchacho22 The bike loves to be ridden in its 7k+ power band, its a sports bike not a cruiser.

At this point your bike is fully broke-In sir and your practically bogging the bike down if your still riding & shifting at the 4 and 5k range that you've gotten so use to from breaking it in.

The 4 & 5k Rpm range is fine if you cruising around in residential neighborhoods or stop and go traffic, but once your out on the main streets and highways you should shifting and ridding in the bikes power band.

Idk... for me the bikes just tells 'dont do it' if i go past 6k, not to speak of gear switching. the higher rev range i shift at, the more i lose the feel of the shifting / shifter . like in the thread i opened about the shift lever.. idk. Maybe its just me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's a sport bike, the shifting isn't going to clunk and thunk down the road. It should be light.
There's two likely things happening with the problem you described about revving past 6k.

Either there is something wrong with your bike, or you're not reading the bike right.
No disrespect, it's just that these bikes pull well up to 10k, those results are from Cycle World's tests.

Any way you can capture a video for the forum? (Safety first!)

EDIT: Just in case there wasn't a clear distinction, "reading the bike right" not riding. There is nothing wrong with cruising as Mike mentioned.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Idk... for me the bikes just tells 'dont do it' if i go past 6k, not to speak of gear switching. the higher rev range i shift at, the more i lose the feel of the shifting / shifter . like in the thread i opened about the shift lever.. idk. Maybe its just me.
I think I know whats going on here... Your rolling / rotating the throttle slowly threw all the gears right...? You like to ride the bike at a slow smooth pace, riding like that would make the bike sound / appear like its working hard when it passes the 5k range especially in 1st thru 3rd gear. And thats ok Muchacho It means your riding safely.

Basically you bought the bike cause it looks cool like a Jet fighter, streamlined and sexy... And you love cruising out and about on it. Its perfectly ok not to be an aggressive rider...!

I second this... Id like to see video of your random point A to B ride from a Gopro or other perspective...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I think I know whats going on here... Your rolling / rotating the throttle slowly threw all the gears right...? You like to ride the bike at a slow smooth pace, riding like that would make the bike sound / appear like its working hard when it passes the 5k range especially in 1st thru 3rd gear. And thats ok Muchacho It means your riding safely.

Basically you bought the bike cause it looks cool like a Jet fighter, streamlined and sexy... And you love cruising out and about on it. Its perfectly ok not to be an aggressive rider...!

I second this... Id like to see video of your random point A to B ride from a Gopro or other perspective...

Ill be honest with you my first bike was a 125 and I rode it over 2 years then got this one in May. If you'll see me at a traffic light im acclerating pretty much the same as the 125.. lmao

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ill be honest with you my first bike was a 125 and I rode it over 2 years then got this one in May. If you'll see me at a traffic light im acclerating pretty much the same as the 125.. lmao
That fine, you should always ride in your comfort zone... still would like to see a video, can you post one...?

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's a sport bike, the shifting isn't going to clunk and thunk down the road. It should be light.
There's two likely things happening with the problem you described about revving past 6k.

Either there is something wrong with your bike, or you're not reading the bike right.
No disrespect, it's just that these bikes pull well up to 10k, those results are from Cycle World's tests.

EDIT: Just in case there wasn't a clear distinction, "reading the bike right" not riding. There is nothing wrong with cruising as Mike mentioned.

Ah I see. Well the only video I can do is from my ram mount perspective directly on the dash (and that's with my iPhone SE), will this be ok?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Video of what exactly? Me acclerating? sure, will do it hopefully this week for you
Hi Muchacho22, well for one I'd like to see some highlights from your part of world, how it looks from your perspective, and how you ride under every day normal conditions.

I'd love to see common simple stuff like a, Stop sign - Gas Station - Grocery Store - Car Dealership - Busy Street - School - Local hot Spot - Very Old and New building that kinda stuff..! Maybe throw in what you believe are a couple cute girls chatting at a local coffee shop or shopping mall.

Don't endanger your phone - If you cant or have no way to get and edit video, don't worry about it. not that big a deal....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi Muchacho22, well for one I'd like to see some highlights from your part of world, how it looks from your perspective, and how you ride under every day normal conditions.

I'd love to see common simple stuff like a, Stop sign - Gas Station - Grocery Store - Car Dealership - Busy Street - School - Local hot Spot - Very Old and New building that kinda stuff..! Maybe throw in what you believe are a couple cute girls chatting at a local coffee shop or shopping mall.

Don't endanger your phone - If you cant or have no way to get and edit video, don't worry about it. not that big a deal....

Nah dude not endangering anything its ok you just wont be able to see really something besides the dash itself as its pointed to this angle directly. I dont have a gopro or anything to mount on my helmet bike.

But dont think I dont go past 6k mate! I do go over it! according to road conditions - l will be in 4th gear doing 100kmh for example instead of 5th in the same speed, If in the road ahead can occur any sudden breaking (cars emegering from the right for example, or just I know this road and its useless to go to 5th that in the 10 seconds ahead I will slow down anyway, this kinda stuff).

I am no angle myself, the devil comes outs a little sometimes.. I already got it to 150kmh on the public road :grin:

but my overall riding is sport touring like... chill, calm and smooth..(as much as it can be with this piece of sh!t shifter lever haha)

·
Registered
502 Posts

And trust me you do not want to see where I live.... too ugly if not the ugliest country on earth, trust me on that :plain:

·
Registered
656 Posts
And trust me you do not want to see where I live.... too ugly if not the ugliest country on earth, trust me on that :plain:
Maybe in the scheme of things - your geographical area isn't the prettiest, But beauty... Can be found every where.

I bet you have an old beat-up looking gas station that still working - You park your bike there to fuel, snap a photo and your looking at to different worlds in the same photo.. thats can be considered Art.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts