Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I introduced myself back in February of this year to this forum. As mentioned I'm returning to motorcycling after ten years. Well it looks like I'll be making a purchase in early or mid September.

The deal isn't final yet but my dealer is offering an extended warranty, (three years) for around $325 USD. I think that is a reasonable price and it offers me peace of mind. Still a part of me thinks extended warranties are a waste of money.

Also, I'm planning to keep the bike stock for the most part and only adding a few accessories for the purpose of comfort.

Would like to hear your thoughts and opinions about extended warranty for a new model & year motorcycle.

Thanks,

·
Registered
715 Posts
My dealer has given me the option of getting a 2, 3, or 4 year extended warranty. I went with the extra 2 years, on top of the standard one year warranty. Knowing, I'll be keeping the bike for a long time. Or, if you decide the bike is not right for you, the warranty is transferable to the next buyer, so there is value to it.

Hence, there lies your answer; will you be putting high miles on it and or will you keep it for a many years.

My top 3 mods would be seat, windscreen, slip-on.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...will you be putting high miles on it and or will you keep it for a many years.

My top 3 mods would be seat, windscreen, slip-on.

Hmmm... well I'm planning on keeping it for many years and considering just a few mods such as heated grips and seat & windscreen if I think necessary. And yes I do see me putting on a lot of mileage. Considering those factors an extended warranty does look like a smart purchase.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I've got the purchase process started and it looks like I should be getting the bike this week. Got the four year extended warranty for $440. So along with the standard one year warranty my bike will be covered for five years.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I goofed on my first post.

The price on the three year warranty wasn't $325. It was in the low $400. Got the dealer to add on another year for the price of a 3 year.

Hopefully if weather permitting I be riding this Saturday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts