Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ride hard I always ride on the ball of my feet like most riders do, I noticed the cover for the exhaust is in the way of my boots. After a 325 KM ride it started to rub the plastic from my boot. No major damage to either my boot or the cover just made it a little harder when going into right hand turns. Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
The exhaust is really close to your foot, but I'm not sure what you can do about it without getting those foot-peg adjustment kits or a new exhaust.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yep, it was Ari. I believe the (Asian only) CBR250RR suffers from the same problem. I'm going to change the exhaust so hopefully that will be my fix.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep, it was Ari. I believe the (Asian only) CBR250RR suffers from the same problem. I'm going to change the exhaust so hopefully that will be my fix.
I want to do a full exhaust, gonna see what ak brings to the table, saw the yoshi alpha, its not bad but im hoping ak brings a deeper tone to the sound and maybe slightly more performance. When i do the exhaust ill probably do power comander and tune.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the same issue with the stock exhaust/shield-cover and like others, I plan on replacing with an aftermarket exhaust but I'm planning to wait until after my break in period and hope there are more aftermarket exhaust options in the next couple of months. I'm not looking for any performance increases. I just want it to sound better so I may just go for a slip on if it costs a lot less.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not surprised to see people removing it altogether. And I actually don't mind how it looks removed. Seems like most people will be replacing the stock exhaust anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any instructions on how to remove the cover? Also, has anyone replaced the exhaust with one that doesn't have this problem? If so, which one? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I’m sure the covers just a jubilee clip and a bolt and then it slides off ??
^^ what he said. Comes off in no time at all.
Just about any aftermarket slip on will eliminate this issue. Or just ride around without the cover on, looks OK without it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts