Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Kiwi Rider

As good as you are with metal why not just make one? Powder coat it black and done. I'm going to try to get one made if I have time before track day this Saturdaym
Your absolutely right, I should!
At the mo Im a bit pushed for spare time but maybe as winter approaches it will happen.
I've got racing this weekend too, go hard out there!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Your absolutely right, I should!
At the mo Im a bit pushed for spare time but maybe as winter approaches it will happen.
I've got racing this weekend too, go hard out there!
Im sure you can do it, mass produce a few and sell them :wink:

Your racing the 400? Good luck see you on the podium!

Post up how the race went in our new race section (y) :cool:

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im sure you can do it, mass produce a few and sell them :wink:

Your racing the 400? Good luck see you on the podium!

Post up how the race went in our new race section (y) :cool:
Unfortunately I'm a bit committed to my season on the SV650 again. There's no class down here in my province for 300/400's. I could race it in my Formula three class but it wouldn't be competitive. The top bikes are running 85 RWHP. My SV has been dyno'd at 75 RWHP.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The length required is going to be a bit variable depending on what slip on I go for so custom made is probably way to go..
I like the styling of the Yoshi more than the R &G but the Yoshi is made to suit their own mufflers.

I agree, that home made one doesn't look too bad. Rigidity is important too though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The length required is going to be a bit variable depending on what slip on I go for so custom made is probably way to go..
I like the styling of the Yoshi more than the R &G but the Yoshi is made to suit their own mufflers.

I agree, that home made one doesn't look too bad. Rigidity is important too though.
You can always do like a spider web design in it or just straight bars from one to the other. I am sure that will be more than rigid.

Or even change the design of it to your liking

·
Registered
178 Posts
Personally, I don't like the look of the R&G...would prefer straight lines. It looks like it does have a place for a tail bag hook, though.

Today's bikes have angular lines, and to me, straight pieces always look better. I like the custom-made one, and an exhaust hanger is not a high-stress piece...

A drill and a dremel could make the stock piece look pretty good, too...

·
Registered
41 Posts
exhaust bracket

I guess there are a few out there, but anyone know if there is a bracket that matches the dimensions of the stock footpeg? Maybe that's common so you can drop the foot pegs if stock exhaust is desired.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess there are a few out there, but anyone know if there is a bracket that matches the dimensions of the stock footpeg? Maybe that's common so you can drop the foot pegs if stock exhaust is desired.
I know that this one will fit, but it is out of stock at the moment: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-exhaust-hanger-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018 - OR - https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/r-g-racing-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018-exhaust-hanger-kit/

I also know there is this Yoshimura bracket: https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/yoshimura-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018-aluminum-muffler-bracket/ - OR - https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/yoshimura-muffler-bracket-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018

Maybe call sportbiketrackgear or revzilla and see if they know whether or not the Yoshimura bracket would fit the factory can. ((I only order motorcycle stuff from sportbiketrackgear, revzilla or amazon)in that order)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have seen them, just curious if matching the stock dimensions was universal for use of stock exhaust. I think the answer is yes because the same slip-on is used for peg or bracket. So you could probably use any bracket with any exhaust?

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have seen them, just curious if matching the stock dimensions was universal for use of stock exhaust. I think the answer is yes because the same slip-on is used for peg or bracket. So you could probably use any bracket with any exhaust?
It's a bit of a gamble you take to be honest. You could ask them for some dimensions first though maybe.
I bought a Yoshi bracket to hold my aftermarket Delkevic can on my previous bike and it worked OK after a couple of (cough) 'alignment adjustments'.
What? who me rough? :grin:

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Homemade exhaust hanger

I wanted something that I knew would fit my Scorpion slip on perfectly, be reasonably strong yet light and look OK design wise.
So I knocked this one up out of 6mm aluminium plate. The hardest part was getting the compound angle on the bottom correct. I heated and bent it about half a dozen times before it was right.
A friend of mine did the neat welds with his TIG welder.
It weighs less than half what the OEM hanger did with the RH pillion peg removed. (275 grams)

I'm happy with it on the whole but I should have tapered it more at the muffler end to look right to my eyes.

But I'm really undecided about whether to keep it as plain aluminium or paint it matt black?

P1000593.JPG

P1000594.JPG

P1000595.JPG

P1000596.JPG

P1000597.JPG

1 - 20 of 33 Posts