Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way I can download a fuel map? Or purchase one and flash myself. I’m not confident tuning myself. And the unrestricted maps won’t cut it for me. I just don’t want to Mail my ECU away and have my bike down for a week or two.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there any way I can download a fuel map? Or purchase one and flash myself. I’m not confident tuning myself. And the unrestricted maps won’t cut it for me. I just don’t want to Mail my ECU away and have my bike down for a week or two.
or if someone would be so kind to share their own I would be forever grateful.

·
Director of Moderation
2,513 Posts
If you have the map what will you use to flash it on the ECU?

Why not just send it in to get it flashed and be done with it? It's a quick and simple process. Where are you located? If there's a shop nearby that can do it, it'll take minutes if they already have a flash available for the 400. You can walk in with your ECU and be out in like 20 minutes. That's what I did when I got my ZX6R ECU flashed earlier this year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2 Wheel Dynoworks has a mail-in service. Mail in your ECU, they flash it, and mail it back.

·
Registered
785 Posts
To get around down time both Spears and Norton will send you a flashed ecu. You pay a ‘core’ charge which is refunded when you send your old ECU back to them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Pick a resource that is close and it will take less time. Going with a professional flashing service will give excellent results and is well worth the 3 or 4 days of downtime.

I drove my ECU to Superbike Unlimited for the 400 and Moore Mafia for the ZX6R. It takes about 20 minutes to flash and the rest is mail travel.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you have your own FTECU setup, Norton will send you the image file and you can flash it yourself. It's locked down so you can't edit it, and it's tied to your account, so it seems like there's not really any risk of leaking their tune out to the general internet (as would be the case with some older, simpler systems).

I've also heard people say that they had their reflashed ECU back in less than a week, so even if you do the mail-in service, it might be quicker than you'd expect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts