Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Pre orders are being taken now for these. I've got one on my racebike (SV650) and it's considerably quicker than a standard model.
Whether you are better to just get an ECU re-flash I'm not sure as it's not my field of expertise.
Anyone in the know?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dynojet-power-commander-v-fuel-ignition-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018
ECU flash and tune is always better than the PCV, on my ZX10R I gained 11 more HP over the PCV, before I got it flashed we dyoned it with the PCV and map that was on it, then removed the PCV and did a flash and tuned it. ECU flash is set for your bike the way you have it set up.

On most PCV's you run a generic map from someone else that was uploaded for their bike. Most people do not install a PCV then go get it tuned. They download the map for their air filter and exhaust and stick with it. Not taking into consideration the altitude, the temperature or humidity or A/F ratio. Dont get me wrong the PCV is an amazing tool and you will gain HP from it. If its within your budget I would recommend the flash over the PCV.

At home I have 2 used PCV's 1 for a ZX10R and one for my N300. On my CB1000R I have a PCV however no map on it, I just use it for the quick shifter. Once I seen the difference that it made on my ZX10 I was sold on the ECU flash.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
reflash ecu to a different stock profile then from there run the pcv, I have been told many times the pcv is easier and provides greater result but meh idk, get the pcv, quickshifter and auto tune kit and you will be having a good time :) im exited things are happening so fast for this little ninja

·
Registered
764 Posts
idk why but I have always liked to get something that has less performance but in a smaller package and pull out as much performance as I could, theres just something nice about modding a 40hp bike all the way upto a high 50hp bike while dropping weight, sure I could easily get a 636 or even a zx10 but where is the fun in that? a nice little 400 is the perfect kit to be modded since it doesnt have to bad of a starting bass, if I can get her to high 50 in hp and a bit more torque ill take her on a group ride to see what people think haha would be cool watching all the r6 face's when you piss past them up on the peter brock twisty road ;)

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idk why but I have always liked to get something that has less performance but in a smaller package and pull out as much performance as I could, theres just something nice about modding a 40hp bike all the way upto a high 50hp bike while dropping weight, sure I could easily get a 636 or even a zx10 but where is the fun in that?
Couldn't agree more. What you save on the retail price you can spend on mods and have fun doing it and learn stuff along the way.
The gap between bikes like ours and the 600's is huge here in NZ now. For example my bike cost me 8K (NZD) but it's 19K for an R6! Over twice the price. Keep it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts