Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Just about to pull the trig on a N400 to be used as track bike

If I could just find a dealer who had their act 1/2 way together....

Yeah, fairly new to track days and my 1199 Ducati is kicking my ass

After riding a N400 with Feel Like A Pro @ Thunderhill, my life changed !!

So, yeah, really excited about the bike and this forum!

Hope to contribute!

D-HEAD

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey all!

Just about to pull the trig on a N400 to be used as track bike

If I could just find a dealer who had their act 1/2 way together....

Yeah, fairly new to track days and my 1199 Ducati is kicking my ass

After riding a N400 with Feel Like A Pro @ Thunderhill, my life changed !!

So, yeah, really excited about the bike and this forum!

Hope to contribute!

D-HEAD
track the bike you will love it, I would do the same but im way to broke atm so I just use it as a commute, first thing is a m4 system, they claim to have the highest performance increase, next thing is some tyres, A few people doing track on here have said the 140 tyre does a better job on track so keep that in mind, for rear sets I think for now stock are alright since they are fairly high as is, next is clip ons, I myself like the vortex kind but thats personal opinion, a lithium battery will do you good, and personal favourite for track is a race body kit because you will be able to loose a lot of weight of the bike "mirrors, lights, indicators ect" . Evap removal is another good weight saving mod. And the mod that is a must for the track is some better brakes, braided line, sintered pads ect. maybe remove the radiator fan as well since its only a track bike and will always be moving. depending on your track swap the sprockets for some lighter ones with more or less teeth. with all that you should be able to get the weight down by about 15kgs aka 33lbs, and if you have the money a power PCV and quick shifter kit. Good luck and keep us updated :p

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Welcome! That's cool you've seen the light on the fun of riding a smaller bike. There's a bunch of us on here who have come a similar route.
I had a couple of larger Ducati's (900SD then 750SS), nothing as exotic or quick as an 1199. I still love V twins.
You can ride the wheels of these things and not get yourself into so much strife potentially.
Emud has given you the good oil on the track mod tips so pull that trigger and have fun out there. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EMUD....K-RIDE:

Thanks to you both!

Excellent tips there on setup

Pick up bike tomorrow, and hope to have tires (Diablo SC 1s) , pads, stands, warmers by trackday

Suspension, setup, brake line, clips, rear sets, bodywork, to be decided and installed soon....maybe system exhaust....?

Rad fan removal sounds good. QS as well. PCV???

Dropping 33#s is VERY enticing

Looks like ill have more $ in mods than I do in bike!!!

1st trackday (on new 400) coming up this Monday @ T Hill

More excited about this than my 1st day on the 1199!

Diggin the forum!

Cheers!

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts