Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation was this:

Was slowing down from 30+kmph to 20+kmph on the main road, wanting to turn left into a small carpark of a mosque. Usually I would slow down further to 10+kmph, but this time I felt confident there wasn't any vehicle in the said carpark.

When I turned left halfway, I saw a car reversing into the main road from the said carpark. Despite it was actually reversing slowly and was like 5 metres away, panic and instinct kicked in to quickly pump my front brake.

The bike tilted to the left, I couldn't handle the weight despite trying to stop it from falling and woe me, I let go of the bike..

Lesson learnt? Never be overconfident I guess, and always anticipate. :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't worry about it. I have almost the exact same scratches on my bike (green krt too) from the initial learning process as this is my first bike ever. Dropped it twice practicing tight slow turns via figure 8s. Lesson learned. I was sad of course but **** happens. Not as bad as when I scraped a stripe on my gt350 :RantExplode: and I got over that one.. eventually.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Sucks when you scratch a new bike eh. A set of sliders would probably have saved most of that damage but hindsight is a wonderful thing..
I've done same too. First weekend I had my CBR250 I knocked it off the side stand and it fell the high side onto concrete. What a horrible sound! I could barely bring myself to pick the bike up and look at damage.
Similar to yourself damage wise. The annoyance fades as weeks then months pass. It's still a piss off tho.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not too bad at all man...

Situation was this:

Was slowing down from 30+kmph to 20+kmph on the main road, wanting to turn left into a small carpark of a mosque. Usually I would slow down further to 10+kmph, but this time I felt confident there wasn't any vehicle in the said carpark.

When I turned left halfway, I saw a car reversing into the main road from the said carpark. Despite it was actually reversing slowly and was like 5 metres away, panic and instinct kicked in to quickly pump my front brake.

The bike tilted to the left, I couldn't handle the weight despite trying to stop it from falling and woe me, I let go of the bike..

You lucked out with the bike man, not to bad at all... More importantly its sounds like your fine! Just chalk it up to lessen learned.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@alatreon i guess.. we can be sad together? ?
@Kiwi Rider wow.. I feel bad for that. And yeah,I actually got over it and probably try to fix the fairing one way another at a later time when I have the budget. But still when the first time I looked at the damage.. ?
@fridaynight I feel sad too, especially this one has special stock decal which I'm not if I can find it anywhere conveniently..
@thewittes1 and @Mr Mike I guess it's better than crashing against a vehicle (had that once, not a nice experience). Yeah, I'm fine because I let go of the bike instead of falling together. Again, never be overconfident!

Also, I didn't buy any sliders because they're quite expensive and can't really afford them anytime soon. Buying proper one would cost me my daily expense for half a month! I'll just accept and move on. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ya it sucks to be you. Actually it sucks to be me as well, still waiting for my parts to arrive
Was the recipient of a hit and run four weeks ago, OEM parts are harder to get than after maket, go figure

At least you were not hurt that’s the important part, we learn from experience

·
Registered
29 Posts
Omg. This is one of my nightmare as a new first time rider buying a bike. Now i'm thinking the KRT wasn't a good call afterall since I am not sure how to replace / repair the aesthetic looks. Are there any decent temporary fixes to restoring the plastics besides ordering another?

So... who else is reading the frame sliders forum next?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Omg. This is one of my nightmare as a new first time rider buying a bike. Now i'm thinking the KRT wasn't a good call afterall since I am not sure how to replace / repair the aesthetic looks. Are there any decent temporary fixes to restoring the plastics besides ordering another?

haha ive been looking at that for the last week, cant decided between T-Rex or Shogun carbon

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@mad_mardigen man, hit and run sucks.. you can't get any footage from nearby cctv? I actually tried contacting Malaysian Kawasaki parts provider, but the country themselves haven't brought in any N400, so no parts. I had minir bruises, not sure how, but all's good.
@Whyeventry I know there are some workshops who does fairing fixing, but the problem is the decal. I haven't tried asking my dealer, but I'm expecting it to be expensive than usual.
@Lunchbox T-Rex looks more sturdy with the 2 point support. I'd go with that, once I have spare bucks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I haven't tried asking my dealer, but I'm expecting it to be expensive than usuall
I asked my dealer for the left fairings he sayd 520$
Today I got hit by a car that was backing up. So slow hit and I flew so much :surprise: If everything goes well I will replace the damaged parts with her insurance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Situation was this:

Your bike looks fine, at least you have your health and you were not injured.

Ride on be happy, it happens to us all at some point.

·
Registered
403 Posts
OP, sad thing to happen.
However, some decals should hide it nicely if at all. Shogun carbon look awesome although T rex might make more sense due to the 2 point mount.

Reactions: Elvis44

·
Registered
137 Posts
Situation was this:

You can get color matched touch up paint here: https://www.colorrite.com/
One thing that has helped my riding is following this guys advise and practice: https://www.motojitsu.com/
With that being said I rode my bike to class one day came out and it was laying on it's side, that was the 1st time is was ever dropped. I think someone tried to sit on it or maybe backed into with their car and knocked it over. I did not have frame slider and damage is very similar to yours. I removed my 400 decal and discovered that it took 90% of the damage and I think the bike looks better without the 400 decal. Something to consider, I plan on getting the green and black touch up paint and fixing what the decal did not protect. Get frame sliders for sure they will save your paint should you drop it again. Here are photos of my bike with no 400 decals

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts

You can get color matched touch up paint online and fix any scratches yourself and save money. Check out https://www.colorrite.com/
Lots of good frame sliders out there. I went with the Shogun Carbon and love them. I've dropped my bike twice since putting sliders on and only thing that took damage were the sliders and with the Shogun sliders you can get new end caps for them if yours get too chewed up from falls.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've dropped my bike twice since putting sliders on and only thing that took damage were the sliders and with the Shogun sliders you can get new end caps for them if yours get too chewed up from falls.
one of those "tried-and-tested-and-then-some" undertaking of yours :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts