Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Every once in a while I read some good stuff, such as your lightweight thread or your EVAP canister removal, etc. that’s why I’m here and I really do like my ninja 400. Not sure there’s another ninja 400 “sandpit” unfortunately 🤷‍♂️ Sorry kiwi

There is a group on facebook which is for ninja 400 racers, specifically made for the more advanced/technical/racing oriented content. It's small so there isn't much activity there, but that's because there are no questions like "what oil to use", or "which tires are best", or "how to lower my bike", or posts like "I started modding my bike by getting a Two Brothers slip-on and a fender eliminator". There are several MotoAmerica junior cup racers on there, as well as the two major vendors for all things 400 (Spears and Norton).

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Every once in a while I read some good stuff, such as your lightweight thread or your EVAP canister removal, etc. that’s why I’m here and I really do like my ninja 400. Not sure there’s another ninja 400 “sandpit” unfortunately 🤷‍♂️ Sorry kiwi
That's OK, as long as you dont throw sand we can all get along just fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cant believe that you are that dumb you think a 400 ninja with 43.4 hp with a moron riding it is going to out run 300+ hp charger with a trained driver behind the wheel and its a cop no less . The 400 is nothing but a sporty commuter bike however we have a race series here for them for people who are new to racing on 2 wheels

·
Registered
1 Posts
I must say.. I'm fairly new to this forum, and signed up because of Kiwi's posts, but I'm definitely not new to riding at all.

That being said, I think maybe we should leave the OP alone. The gene pool will surely end with him if he continues to ride like that.

Also, it truly is a [insert fallic symbol] move to ride like that. Not only are you endangering people, but you're now giving ALL riders a bad reputation!

Please stop and take it to the track

·
Registered
15 Posts
First of all I'm not broke, my moneys tied up until next week and I didn't want to spend it on impound fees for my own ****. I'll get my endorsement and insurance this month.
25 year old male here to tell you that if your money is tied up till next week you are in fact broke my man.
That’s not including the fact that you can’t afford insurance or an endorsement yet...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Haul ass and take chances, that's my motto.

Great point FuckWithRaw. Freerider, you are broke. I understand, you just re-upd.

KiwiRider may not agree, but this is my favorite thread so far on this board. At least he's not asking what oil to use.

Freerider, the thing is that cops used to drive Crown Victorias and 120 was plenty fast to get away from a parked Crown Vic. I ran several times in my youth. Now days you're gonna need a faster bike to be an outlaw.

Yarddog, you never hauled ass and took chances?

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
I do not disagree with you chrismillion. This has been an interesting thread. The one thing that really makes this forum great is the diversity of the people who write on it.There is something for everyone, including entertainment!! I was starting to get the feeling that things were going to get nasty. I can fully tolerate many things including heated disagreements but I will draw the line at personal digs. Fortunately, it rarely happens here! Now time for another beer!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Great point FuckWithRaw. Freerider, you are broke. I understand, you just re-upd.

KiwiRider may not agree, but this is my favorite thread so far on this board. At least he's not asking what oil to use.

Freerider, the thing is that cops used to drive Crown Victorias and 120 was plenty fast to get away from a parked Crown Vic. I ran several times in my youth. Now days you're gonna need a faster bike to be an outlaw.

Yarddog, you never hauled ass and took chances?
Hey Chris what oil are you using there pal?? :biggrin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not only are you endangering people, but you're now giving ALL riders a bad reputation!
and that's one of the worst things about the reckless riders.
a while ago, nighttime, me on the interstate (slow speed lane, rightmost) cruising at 70mph and suddenly 3 of the liter junkies whizz by in a flash. by the looks of it they were hitting 120mph or above easy.
muttering under my breath i continue riding when one of the driver rolls down the window and flips the bird at me. Birds of a feather interpretation i guess :sad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
and that's one of the worst things about the reckless riders.
a while ago, nighttime, me on the interstate (slow speed lane, rightmost) cruising at 70mph and suddenly 3 of the liter junkies whizz by in a flash. by the looks of it they were hitting 120mph or above easy.
muttering under my breath i continue riding when one of the driver rolls down the window and flips the bird at me. Birds of a feather interpretation i guess :sad:
How is that affecting you though? If you hit them it'd be their own fault and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt you in your car. If you had a litre bike I bet you'd only ride the speed limit huh? What a waste.

I say if they want to go fast and endanger themselves, let them be, it's their own life and they can make their own risks with it. As long as they're not directly causing accidents by cutting people off or splitting lanes I say mind your business and stop being jealous. I've seen lots of motorcycle crash videos and heard lot of stories about accidents killing bikers or pedestrians but I've yet to hear of ONE where the motorcyclist caused the car driver to be seriously injured or killed. I definitely think you should have insurance if you're going that fast if you damage a car but as for safety it seems it's only dangerous for the biker. The only reason people get mad about bikers is if they're driving crazy about pedestrians or they're just mad that can't safely go that fast in a car so deep down they're really just jealous, even if they say otherwise and try to make it about something else. That's how I feel about us speeding, it's only dangerous to the rider or other bikers! If anyone can provide a few examples of bikers seriously wrecking a cager then I'll seriously reconsider my opinion it but for now it seems to just be a myth.

I cant believe that you are that dumb you think a 400 ninja with 43.4 hp with a moron riding it is going to out run 300+ hp charger with a trained driver behind the wheel and its a cop no less . The 400 is nothing but a sporty commuter bike however we have a race series here for them for people who are new to racing on 2 wheels
Well I only got a citation so I say it was worth it to find out, it's just money. Very impressed with the charger, didn't think 300hp was THAT quick especially when I had a pretty decent headstart

25 year old male here to tell you that if your money is tied up till next week you are in fact broke my man.
That’s not including the fact that you can’t afford insurance or an endorsement yet...
Speak for yourself dude

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm appalled at how mean you all are to this Freerider guy. Haven't you ever made a mistake before in your entire life? Besides, your brain and decision making abilities (including restraint) are not fully developed until you are in your mid twenties.

·
Registered
403 Posts
How is that affecting you though? If you hit them it'd be their own fault and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt you in your car. If you had a litre bike I bet you'd only ride the speed limit huh? What a waste.

I say if they want to go fast and endanger themselves, let them be, it's their own life and they can make their own risks with it. As long as they're not directly causing accidents by cutting people off or splitting lanes I say mind your business and stop being jealous. I've seen lots of motorcycle crash videos and heard lot of stories about accidents killing bikers or pedestrians but I've yet to hear of ONE where the motorcyclist caused the car driver to be seriously injured or killed. I definitely think you should have insurance if you're going that fast if you damage a car but as for safety it seems it's only dangerous for the biker. The only reason people get mad about bikers is if they're driving crazy about pedestrians or they're just mad that can't safely go that fast in a car so deep down they're really just jealous, even if they say otherwise and try to make it about something else. That's how I feel about us speeding, it's only dangerous to the rider or other bikers! If anyone can provide a few examples of bikers seriously wrecking a cager then I'll seriously reconsider my opinion it but for now it seems to just be a myth.
my bad that i did not mention that i was on my 400 (riding and not driving). but then my post should have given indication of that (why would a car driver flip me the bird if i was also in a car:confused: ).

its futile but let me answer the speed limit comment:
Would i stick to the speed limit on a liter bike -- 10-12% above and thats where i cap it. I have folks waiting for me at home when i am riding and i am in no mood to make it a lifetime wait for them. call it aging or maybe common sense but thats how i have come to respect my existence and of others around me.
roads are no place to massage your ego. you want to test the bike to its max potential -- HIT THE TRACK.
Also, i have no intention of carrying the guilt of hurting someone and living with it. a liter bike rider might not carry half the momentum of a car but that split second surprise might be enough to unnerve some "not so confident" driver and cause him to swerve.

i do agree with your "what a waste". this whole thread fits right in that realm.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm appalled at how mean you all are to this Freerider guy. Haven't you ever made a mistake before in your entire life? Besides, your brain and decision making abilities (including restraint) are not fully developed until you are in your mid twenties.
Agreed that some of the comments have been mean. However, this doesn't seem to be an issue where Freerider has opened up about something he feels vulnerable about. I'd share your ire if that was the case and it looked like Freerider was being bullied.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Agreed that some of the comments have been mean. However, this doesn't seem to be an issue where Freerider has opened up about something he feels vulnerable about. I'd share your ire if that was the case and it looked like Freerider was being bullied.

Or for the fact that he's doing it all on purpose and will continue to doing it again...that's not classified as a mistake in my book. Yeah we've all made actual mistakes I'm sure, but purposely riding like a douche is not a mistake, that's a behavioral issue.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
...300hp was THAT quick especially when I had a pretty decent headstart...
It's much more than 300HP...typically about 370HP and that's just the RTs. If they got anything beefier than that, we talking high 400s..we won't even get into the the SRTs, the Hellcats or the Demons (which I've had a chance to ride in) as I don't believe the local cops would "typically" have such a vehicle.

I've definitely seen some cop cars in my city that are SRTs. They aint nothing to play with.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's much more than 300HP...typically about 370HP and that's just the RTs. If they got anything beefier than that, we talking high 400s..we won't even get into the the SRTs, the Hellcats or the Demons (which I've had a chance to ride in) as I don't believe the local cops would "typically" have such a vehicle.

I've definitely seen some cop cars in my city that are SRTs. They aint nothing to play with.

Apparently they use both the 3.6L Pentastar as well as 5.7L Hemi. I always thought all of them are the Hemi R/T models. Surprised they have the V6 as an option too, which means some PD's are buying them.

https://www.fcausfleet.com/dodge/charger-pursuit.html

61 - 80 of 96 Posts