Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was talking about the less than one percenters that spring up occasionally on bike forums. In the 4+ years I was a mod I probably saw about half a dozen of these characters. Typically posting random nonsensical posts containing left field thinking, controversial or inflammatory content, bragging/boasting etc. Generally banged out with skant regard for punctuation or grammer, typing what immediately enters their head.
Another forum I was on had one of these "characters." He claimed inconsistent mods for his bike, made big brags, and seemed to be argumentative and insulting (lots of name calling) for it's own sake. He had several short term bans. Eventually a bunch of us figured him out as just being bored, and engaged him as such for everyone's amusement--including his I believe. But he eventually earned a permanent ban.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was talking about the less than one percenters that spring up occasionally on bike forums. In the 4+ years I was a mod I probably saw about half a dozen of these characters. Typically posting random nonsensical posts containing left field thinking, controversial or inflammatory content, bragging/boasting etc. Generally banged out with skant regard for punctuation or grammer, typing what immediately enters their head.
Another forum I was on had one of these "characters." He claimed inconsistent mods for his bike, made big brags, and seemed to be argumentative and insulting (lots of name calling) for it's own sake. He had several short term bans. Eventually a bunch of us figured him out as just being bored, and engaged him as such for everyone's amusement--including his I believe. But he eventually earned a permanent ban.
Sounds like a legend

·
Registered
197 Posts
you best get some practice on that 400 if you come down with the kneedragger group....I'll bring a tow rope in case you need a tow around the track...LOL gonna be a fun 4 day event !!

First of all I'm not broke, my moneys tied up until next week and I didn't want to spend it on impound fees for my own ****. I'll get my endorsement and insurance this month.

Yeah the roads here are pretty boring(except Orlando) definitely gotta take it to the track, I'll for sure smoke some people after a little practice and finding a clutch that actually works. If anyone goes to JenningsGP you'll see me there this year.

I was at Jennings in February of 2019, definitely a fun track for the smaller bikes! Might go the end of March this year for a 4 day event. It’s flat with a very short straight but some very nice turns. Looking forward to going back!

·
Registered
153 Posts
that's what I'm talking about !! I just don't see how the mods allow this kinda nonsense to go on !! but since you brought it up...a foto of the rocketships in my garage
I’ve come to expect these kinds of threads from this forum. Fits right in with the majority of crap I read on here usually!

·
Registered
763 Posts
that's what I'm talking about !! I just don't see how the mods allow this kinda nonsense to go on !! but since you brought it up...a foto of the rocketships in my garage
It's good to have a forum with some sound advice for people with questions, even very basic questions, but also some more lighthearted threads. I spent 30 years in a serious career where I delivered consequences to people who did bad things. I purposefully want to lighten up before becoming a cranky negative old geezer.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Probably because it's exactly what you said...just nonsense. He technically hasn't broken any forum rules. I've seen a LOT worse on forums before lol As a mod on the zx6r forum, I mostly just ban and delete spammers and spam threads. Something like this usually ends up being quite amusing, and they tend to sort themselves out...in other words, the rest of the forums sorts it out ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well it's pretty simple really. If you dont like the sandpit then go and find another one to play in.
Every once in a while I read some good stuff, such as your lightweight thread or your EVAP canister removal, etc. that’s why I’m here and I really do like my ninja 400. Not sure there’s another ninja 400 “sandpit” unfortunately ?‍♂ Sorry kiwi

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I’ve come to expect these kinds of threads from this forum. Fits right in with the majority of crap I read on here usually!
And yet you create a troll thread to continue the same “crap” you’re complaining about. Please keep in mind that the bike you chose is also a bike chosen by many first time riders and newbies who may ask questions that may seem trivial to you. They come here to learn, which is a good thing, not to be derided and lambasted...

Feel free to contribute any worthwhile knowledge or expertise you may have...

And to Mr Freerider, I wish you luck brother. Because if you are serious and not just trolling (I have my doubts), then you are seriously gonna need it!...

41 - 60 of 106 Posts