Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm in FL and I've probably done 1000+miles at 120 over the past couple months without any police issues. I was doing 120 on the highway again the other day. Police pulled out from behind an overpass, I tried to run because I didn't have my endorsement yet and didn't wanna get my **** impounded because I'm broke af for the next week and I'd never get it out with the fees. I figured it'd take him a while to catch up and I was planning to get off at an exit 1-2 miles ahead. His charger caught up with me in like 15 seconds with no problem. Our bikes are weak and slow as dirt, gotta get a 600 or litre bike now. Love how my ninja looks and handles but you let me down today so ya have to go. Don't try to run guys, you'll fail!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
With all due respect, I think you really should reevaluate why you ride and why you want to take these risks. At 120 mph, you endanger not only yourself but others. Those speeds belong on a race track and not a highway. I'm not trying to be a prude and I think we've all taken our bikes to high speeds once or twice on an empty stretch of highway. However, there is no reason why you should have 1,000+ miles at 120 mph on public roads. Also, why are you riding without insurance? Again irresponsible. If you hurt somebody (or yourself) there will be no financial protection. If you are broke, the last thing you should be thinking about is spending more money on an expensive toy. I'm not even going to get into the "running from the police". That's a good way to lose your license and have a police record that could influence future employment.

Get proper documentation and insurance for your bike. Ride with safe speeds and get your financial affairs in order before looking for the next expensive "upgrade."

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Wow....so it's the bike's fault in all of this? Doing 120 all the time (which is about the max for this bike) on public roads, with no insurance and no license....yeah don't run guys (sarcasm). How about you get your **** together and don't be an idiot? That sounds like a better solution. Also if you can't afford to get a motorcycle endorsement cuz you're THAT broke, you probably shouldn't be on a bike to begin with, let alone insurance. I'm already feeling bad for the innocent person you're going to collide with because his insurance will have to pay and he'll have to pay his deductible for no fault of his own, because you're riding without any insurance. People like you are the ones who give a bad reputation to the rest of us bikers.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think op is full of himself. Running 120 on a ninja 400 is flat out wide open throttle with a favorable wind to your back. If he was already wide open At 120 only a fool would try to run. Not to mention even a dummy knows a police intercepter tuned charger will knock on the door of 155 mph.

Regardless dude belongs on the gixxer forums to say the least.

I say good riddance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ride a sportbike because I want to go fast, that's literally the only reason in the world to get one. The speed limit is 70 here, literally everyone does 90, so serious. Going 30 faster isn't endangering people in 4000lb cars, just me, and I can make my own decisions about my own life. Plus I drive "pretty safe", I signal, never split lanes, or cut people off.

Yeah definitely getting a liter bike next, I should be able to smoke a cop if I wanted to. Probably won't try it again though, I would've pulled over no problem if I had my endorsement.

Also I have no idea why he let me off after I took him on a chase, thank you sir.

Also I'm not broke but I'm not sure how police impound works. I do know that towing companies here charge $100+/day and if I got arrested it'd be thousands when I got out. If I had a friend get it out and it just sat there's a 90% chance someone would steal it in my town. And a record definitely wouldn't impact my future employment, no one cares about that in my line of work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can afford insurance/endorsement, I just got the bike a month or so ago, I'm definitely not broke, just broke until next week. $100+/day impound fees just wouldn't be worth it if I got arrested though, at least it wasn't in that split second when deciding to pull over or run. I actually think how it went with the officer, if I didn't run it would've just been another boring speeding ticket and he probably would've impounded my **** or made me walk it home. I think I made a good judgement call, he seemed to kinda respect that I had the balls to run once I pulled over and explained the situation. There's a little more to the story but I don't want to be too specific.

And I knew the chargers were fast, but not that **** fast. He was coming from a dead stop, didn't think he'd be able to accelerate that hard before I hit the exit. Going on a police chase has been on my bucket-list since I've been a teen so kinda glad I got that out my system now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are you, a drug dealer? Lol

How old are you? My guess is younger than 25.
Hmm, good guesses. Haha.

I just wanna ride my bike man, I don't endanger people, it's mostly in between gaps of cars when I'm doing 120. Anyways just wanted to share my experience because most people are too scared to ever run. Don't do it, but if you do at least get a zx6, our bikes won't cut it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the world a favor and get a bicycle. Maybe you’ll get some sense in you one day.

You don’t start using your head until your mid twenties. I’ve been there. I know all about it. How old are you?
I actually rode a bicycle as my main transport for a couple years. It was a fancy road bike and I used to basically race it everywhere in the city. Got used to anticipating bad drivers and pedestrians. My 400 feels a lot like a bicycle that since it's so slow and nimble. Unless a car like violently swerves into my lane I trust my judgement and reaction skills, I'm not gonna wreck someone unless I blow a tire or something. I'm very alert on the road.

·
Registered
403 Posts
something tells me that is 100% a troll post. the only time one might create a thread like this would be when they are super bored, grab some popcorn and wait for the fun to unfold just for kicks.

On the flip side I really am at a loss of words to even begin with how magnanimous the level of stupidity this is. Even Godzilla will bow down to you my friend.

·
Registered
913 Posts
No sorry, I'm real

You could always move a little further North to Atlanta....running from the cops in town they are not allowed to engage in high speed pursuit, too much risk to public and other for little reward, they figure it will sort itself out sooner or later, or at least they use to not, I am pretty sure they still don't.

Have friends in Atl that do rolling road blocks, ride standing wheelies for miles and love running from the cops....my much younger days I would roll with them sometimes, but even then they were a little crazy for my taste.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts