Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea how to run a cheap 40$ dirtbike handle bar setup on the bike normally you drill the triple clamp but it has two giagantic holes already so i was wondering if there is any other triple clamp i could swap any help is must appreciated

·
Registered
949 Posts
Any idea how to run a cheap 40$ dirtbike handle bar setup on the bike normally you drill the triple clamp but it has two giagantic holes already so i was wondering if there is any other triple clamp i could swap any help is must appreciated
Hmmm. I'm assuming you have a Ninja 400...Maybe try swapping the upper triple clamp and bars from a Z400? I "think" they are the same diameter. It'll cost ya more than $40, but at least it will be a proper OEM setup...

I did the handlebar mod on one of my SV1000's and I did just what you mentioned. I drilled the upper and reinforced it then added the SV1000N clamps and bars and it was pretty cool...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. I'm assuming you have a Ninja 400...Maybe try swapping the upper triple clamp and bars from a Z400? I "think" they are the same diameter. It'll cost ya more than $40, but at least it will be a proper OEM setup...

I did the handlebar mod on one of my SV1000's and I did just what you mentioned. I drilled the upper and reinforced it then added the SV1000N clamps and bars and it was pretty cool...

[/QUO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm really looking into dirt bars for my ninja 400. This is the only thread I found speaking about this kind of modification. If anyone has ideas or knows of ways to do this, it would be much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts