Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am a new member but I have been following for about a year and a half. Why I didn't join earlier, I don't know. I have had my bike for a bout a year and a half now and have it setup for the track. I am curious if anyone else has installed a digital temp gauge in their bike to get a better idea of what the coolant temp actually is. I live in Nebraska and will be riding Motorsport Park Hastings where it gets pretty toasty in the summer. Trail Tech has a few options for temperature sensors, the first one being located in the water pump drain plug, second being spliced into the hose. If anyone has experience with any brand temp sensors that would be great.

-Brandon-

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm researching the same thing and now we have more time to figure it out since there are no track days or race days this month. I'm in Kansas so I'm fighting the same heat that you do.I would like to investigate using the stock location and or stock sensor but adapt it to a real gauge. I looked here first and have not done much other than look online. I'll post my findings here. Off to the garage to look at the bikes since neither have bodywork on them currently.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would recommend that both of you contact Bill at Motorcycle Supply in Manhattan Ks. If you do track days at MPH you already know him. He knows the little ninjas very well and can sell you what you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts