Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was debating between the 8” and the 14” for that reason but ultimately I thought the 8” was just more aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully I don’t regret it ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good in their photo!
Wait till you pull off the stock pipe, talk about weight reduction!
That's what I've read! I was debating on getting the Carbon Fiber version just to save a few more pounds but I have seen stories about their CF cans blowing up/melting and stuff I didn't want to deal with. I also thought the Stainless option looked better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello exhaust experts
I ordered the same exhaust Delkevic mini 8 inch and waiting for it to be delivered.
It comes with removable baffle. Does baffle in and out effects the performance?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Hello exhaust experts
I ordered the same exhaust Delkevic mini 8 inch and waiting for it to be delivered.
It comes with removable baffle. Does baffle in and out effects the performance?
Can do. You will find out soon enough once you get it fitted and do some trials with it in and out.

Generally these days bikes perform better with the dB killer in as they require a certain amount of back pressure on the exhaust system to perform fully.
The extra noise with the baffle out gives an impression of increased power though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Look what arrived today. My new 14" Carbon Fiber slip-on for our krt. Took two weeks for customs to let it through!

It is beautifully made, the polished stainless is faultless -better than the pictures show. There are full colour instructions, and information on the wadding/expected life.

The weight of the exhaust and hardware is 2.11 kg.
I will experiment with having the baffle in or out..

Hopefully will be fitting it this weekend :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Look what arrived today. My new 14" Carbon Fiber slip-on for our krt. Took two weeks for customs to let it through!

It is beautifully made, the polished stainless is faultless -better than the pictures show. There are full colour instructions, and information on the wadding/expected life.

The weight of the exhaust and hardware is 2.11 kg.
I will experiment with having the baffle in or out..

Hopefully will be fitting it this weekend :smile:
Fun times. Did customs screw you for GST and handling fee?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fun times. Did customs screw you for GST and handling fee?
Sure did. But I did factor that into the price I expected to pay, and the GST was less than expected as the Delkevic invoice didn't show freight cost :smile:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Delkevic makes a great muffler. The pipes come superbly packaged with everything and more than you need to install. I've never been disappointed with a Delkevic exhaust. I've got one on my CBR600F3 and it is as good as a full system in terms of sound and economy. I"ve got two for my ZX-6 with the dual exhaust setup. I put a couple on my ZX-9's before I sold them. I think bought one for some other bike else I can't remember...

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Sure did. But I did factor that into the price I expected to pay, and the GST was less than expected as the Delkevic invoice didn't show freight cost :smile:
If you don't mind me asking what was your all up NZD price?
The 14" I had on my CBR I got off a Delkevic agent on the Gold Coast. Picked it up when I was over there on Holiday. $319 AUD.
Real good value and I was happy with it but had to re-pack after 25K kms as it got noisy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My all up cost was $660 nzd. As Leo310 says, they are well packed and come with sealant too. The usd cost (not inc freight) is $290.

You probably did well getting 25k before a re-pack, the information leaflet talks about a 16k km re-packing interval for singles/twins.

The internals and externals look very good and solid. I'm very happy -and most importantly the wife likes it. Gonna get that puppy on there tomorrow!

Incidentally, I've seen a scorpion serket taper on trade me at the same time you got yours. They want $839.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
My all up cost was $660 nzd. As Leo310 says, they are well packed and come with sealant too. The usd cost (not inc freight) is $290.

You probably did well getting 25k before a re-pack, the information leaflet talks about a 16k km re-packing interval for singles/twins.

The internals and externals look very good and solid. I'm very happy -and most importantly the wife likes it. Gonna get that puppy on there tomorrow!

Incidentally, I've seen a scorpion serket taper on trade me at the same time you got yours. They want $839.
I see it's still on there. He's only offering it for $16NZD less than full retail. I did better than that :)

If your getting stuff from the States then use the NZ Post 'you post' service. A lot cheaper than store freight charges.

Happy pipe fitting. ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I see it's still on there. He's only offering it for $16NZD less than full retail. I did better than that :)

If your getting stuff from the States then use the NZ Post 'you post' service. A lot cheaper than store freight charges.

Happy pipe fitting. ?
I'd forgotten about that NZ post service -It's called youShop. I remember looking at it as an option years ago, but there were horror stories for some users. I checked today and there's still issues for some people.. I just had a thought, if the address becomes a local (US) one, then what happens about local taxes on your item?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I'd forgotten about that NZ post service -It's called youShop. I remember looking at it as an option years ago, but there were horror stories for some users. I checked today and there's still issues for some people.. I just had a thought, if the address becomes a local (US) one, then what happens about local taxes on your item?
I've used it twice with no dramas and esp from the States it saves you big coin. Cost me $12.50 NZD to get my braided front line here. No one I know personally has had issues but I'm sure you will find them on the good old internet eh :wink:

Generally you will get free postage within the States to the warehouse in Oregon . Not sure what you mean about taxes? US taxes?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes US sales tax. If you purchase an item and it's being delivered to a US address, won't it be liable for US sales tax?
There is no 'US' sales tax. Individual States set their own rates, usually between 4% & 6%, with some local areas near 8%.

They are trying to change it, but as of now if something is being shipped outside the state they don't usually collect the tax.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts