Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 400 sticker off the tail; was honestly regretful mid-peel lol but i think it made it look nice and sleek??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did the same on my black 400. I think Kawasaki did a great job emulating a stealth jet look with the lines of this bike, For the black version in particular, the white "KAWASAKI" badge on the lower fairing takes the eye away from an otherwise subtle and artful design.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Removed all my stickers / decals today minus the Ninja badge. Here's how it looks

Yes you the man I been waiting to see how this looks :clap: not bad I'm gonna leave a couple on but the ones I want off helped me picture it ! I'm also debating on changing that front fender from that yellow orange to black!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes you the man I been waiting to see how this looks :clap: not bad I'm gonna leave a couple on but the ones I want off helped me picture it ! I'm also debating on changing that front fender from that yellow orange to black!
Haha thanks man, Yeah I got tired of seeing all these photoshops so I said screw it and went to town. My bike is only a week old so they came off pretty easy, I didn't use a heat source or any chemicals just a little bit of patience. After they were removed I cleaned up the areas of any remaining adhesive residue with some "invisible glass". I like the way it turned out, I was going one by one and seeing how it looked however I felt it looked half finished. Maybe I should have just gotten black after all lol.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Y'all inspired me.

My black model has subtle grey Ninja lettering on the tank and also a subtle grey 400 on the flanks, but there also was a decal saying Kawasaki in bright white ventrally on each side. One of these things just didn't go with the others. After winterizing the Ninjette, I still wanted to spend some quality time in the garage. So I removed the Kawasaki decals.

Sorry Kawi, I'm very pleased to own a Kawasaki but the lettering should have also been a subtle grey if you wanted me to keep it.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Yeah I took the ones off under the seat, I did not like the way they looked so I removed the design on the black plastic under the seat on both sides last year.

I had thought about removing the one off the upper fairing and the middle one on the gray fairing as well that is supposed to flow into the one under the seat..

·
Registered
864 Posts
I've also been debating removing the 400 stickers, the Ninjette certainly looks good without as posted here. But my shallow ego is telling me to keep them.

Friends, acquaintances and even complete strangers have commented positively when I took my former Ninja 650R for long distance rides. Several big touring bike riders have told me that they felt that they couldn't do what I did with my Little Red Ninja. I've never voiced my opinion that an easily controlled sportbike is less fatiguing than a cumbersome heavyweight on an 18 hour day. Instead, I just basked in the praise.

I've only had my Ninjette for less than two months and so haven't been on a big trip. But by the time we get five states away, the 400 badge will look amazing to those who don't know the secret.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a black N400 as well, I removed every sticker I could find except the chain adjustment sticker (it will get relocated). I hesitated for a micro second on the 400 stickers but they went as well. I moved the tire pressure sticker to the trunk lid. I even removed the Kawasaki sticker from the windscreen. At this point I would remove the Ninja sticker from the tank if it wasn’t under clear coat. I want full stealth mode ?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I haven’t removed the oem stickers but I haven’t added any others either. Personally I don’t like to add stickers.

But the toolboxes at home and at work are covered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts