Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just took delivery and that middle rubber piece was cracked and the dealership ordered a new one for me but I tried to remove it which i did but a small piece broke off and fell down into the motorcycle handler bar unit or whatever its called i circled it in the picture will it be alright or should i do something? Thank You

So to clarify a small piece of plastic fell down somewhere in there is there something I should do or will it eventually fall out but what if it doe sent? :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
It won't hurt anything; no moving parts inside the stem. That is just a plug so that the steering stem looks nice on top. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I dropped a small nut down in the frame area...it happens.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thats hole is where your phone mount goes, If you want to get the piece out, just use double sided sticky tape on a dowel... lol your thread title was like click bait to me - I was thinking Ooooh someone laid their new bike down. Glad it was something small thou..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys thanks for the replys but i should have been more specific the plastic piece did not fall back into the tube that has the steering stem but somewhere around that area like the bigger vents or holes in the entire center of the unit so it mighthave landed on the airfilter or somewhere down there. Thanks

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
It can't get into the air box from that position. Ss someone said, if it hasn't landed on the floor it will probably blow away on the first ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts