Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good to know the bars have been moved closer to the rider's body, at least good for those around my height which is 5 foot 6. With the 300, I'm leaning over the tank more than I'd like and my shoulders/arms can get sore over time, maybe even my back depending how close to the tank I am.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ergonomics are incredibly important, especially for an entry level bike such as this. It seems like more and more reviews are testing the 400's track worthiness and I'd like to see a little more around regular city driving. Its great that it has such potential, but personally I don't plan on using it much for the track.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ergonomics are incredibly important, especially for an entry level bike such as this. It seems like more and more reviews are testing the 400's track worthiness and I'd like to see a little more around regular city driving. Its great that it has such potential, but personally I don't plan on using it much for the track.
Yes good point, there has been a surprisingly high amount of track testing. I've also noticed in some countries the Kawasaki website has the N400 listed under their Super sports category. I think this is misleading as at the end of the day it isnt one. If it was it would be a dreadful commuter!
It does sound though like they have struck a reasonable balance between a comfortable upright position where you can easily scan traffic etc whilst also having the ability to tuck down a bit when in sports mode. There's going to be a plethora (big word for a friday eh) of aftermarket clip ons and rear sets available in time for the riders who want to change their ergos anyways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes good point, there has been a surprisingly high amount of track testing. I've also noticed in some countries the Kawasaki website has the N400 listed under their Super sports category. I think this is misleading as at the end of the day it isnt one. If it was it would be a dreadful commuter!
This seems to have been the result of their recent major event for US media held at Sonoma Raceway, and also track events in SE Asia.

It's far less glamarous but I agree very important that we get some reviews which concentrate on the bike where its going to be 98% of its days - on the commute and between towns.

For instance, has any review actually done a real world km/L or mpg on the bike yet!

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you gave a kick scooter to a motorcycle journalist, the first thing they would do is take it to a track ... Problem is, the people who actually race, they rip their bikes apart and change everything anyway. So track review is useless for casuals and useless for racers. Okay, that was a little harsh ... track performance gives us some data for comparison, but I wish it wasn't the main point. Spend more time telling me about real world manners on crap roads that I have to deal with.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you gave a kick scooter to a motorcycle journalist, the first thing they would do is take it to a track ... Problem is, the people who actually race, they rip their bikes apart and change everything anyway. So track review is useless for casuals and useless for racers. Okay, that was a little harsh ... track performance gives us some data for comparison, but I wish it wasn't the main point. Spend more time telling me about real world manners on crap roads that I have to deal with.
I agree with you out about testing in real world riding conditions but there does seem to be a gathering in momentum of riders taking their stock bikes to club track days where they are catered for in the likes of Novice and 'Hav a go' classes.
I did this myself four times on stock CBR250R and 300R. Which is ultimately what sowed the seeds for me getting a dedicated track racer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ninja 400 is a sport bike, and should be tested on track. Granted it isn't an RR race replica bike, but it has full fairing and semi clip-ons + rear link gear changer. Hopefully, the review should include a short tight slalom test and milage test. Also please show thread wear after the track stint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts