Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

So im loving my new 400, but im worried about scratching my baby!

What do you guys do to protect your tank? Is there somewhere you can have a custom tank pad made? Im really wanting to customize my bike! One of a kind.

As my name states, i have named my 400 kawasushi! (Not racist! Im part jap!)

But ive had serious ideas for a custom sticker and would love a pad to match! Not even sure how i would go about all of this! Im assuming i would have to have someone make custom artwork for me?

I also saw another thread where someone said they put a clear protector on there tank, that would work too i guess. Looking forward to everyones feedback!

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
There's loads of them for you to chose from on sites like Ebay, ali express, Wish etc.
If you put Kawasaki tank pad or Ninja tank pad in the search engine you will be set.

·
Registered
423 Posts
There's loads of them for you to chose from on sites like Ebay, ali express, Wish etc.
If you put Kawasaki tank pad or Ninja tank pad in the search engine you will be set.
@ Kiwi Rider Thanks! Do you think the cheap ones are just as protective or would you recommend better quality? I like the look of the OEM tank pad but I'm not going to spend $50 USD for it. Seems way too pricey.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They should protect fine, but the better question would be how well the adhesive on those pads work. Took my brother around 5 years of riding before his tank pad started to peel a bit.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They should protect fine, but the better question would be how well the adhesive on those pads work. Took my brother around 5 years of riding before his tank pad started to peel a bit.
5 years seems like a really good quality adhesive. Any specific brand he was using or just go with the cheapest and plan to replace sooner than later?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Some of those are pretty cool looking, and I had no idea that they lasted for so long. There's nothing to worry about with the paint in terms of removing/replacing one?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not very custom but you can't go wrong with a Pro Grip. Had them on multiple bikes and they last forever.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
@ Kiwi Rider Thanks! Do you think the cheap ones are just as protective or would you recommend better quality? I like the look of the OEM tank pad but I'm not going to spend $50 USD for it. Seems way too pricey.
I wouldnt spend $50 on one when you can get one for under $10 and even if it doesn't end up being a good sticky one then you haven't lost much. I've had no trouble with cheapies.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Reactions: mikecronis

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wouldnt spend $50 on one when you can get one for under $10 and even if it doesn't end up being a good sticky one then you haven't lost much. I've had no trouble with cheapies.
I completely agree and I will not be spending $50 on a tank pad. For certain products, I would rather get something cheaper and and replace as needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
But i want one that says kawasushi :( with the dot in the i being a piece of sushi, or kawasushi o <- sushi roll :)
Buy a clear tank protector like this one, make up your design in adobe (or whatever graphics suite you prefer), convert it to a vector image and have it made as a vinyl sticker at a quality custom plotter such as carstickers.com. Make sure you have it made in a size that will be fully covered by the clear tank protector, apply the sticker to the back of the clear protector, apply the clear protector to the tank. Bam! Kawasushi.

Reactions: sunster

·
Registered
21 Posts
Techspec emailed that they have their products for the 400 available on April 1st. No foolin'. Used their products for year...all good stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Progrip is the industry standard and works for about $20. If you buy one less than that, it's a knock-off and the glue isn't good and peels-off. I agree with everyone here the Kawi one for like $50 is just crazy.

·
Registered
423 Posts
There's a vendor on eBay selling the Pro Grip 5005 Model Resin Tank Pad Protector for $11.99 USD. I bought one on Amazon for ~$18.50 so this a much better deal. Here's the link.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts