Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Y, my recent Ninja 400 purchase came with a custom Luismoto. I find it to be quite comfortable, and definitely love the look. I already reached out to have a custom passenger done to match.

They also mentioned they will make covers for the cowl. Might consider that, and shaving some of the "nose" off the hard rubber. Its an a$$ jammer, except when in the corners where it really wants to be.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think if they build up the front of the seat, many would like it. It seems they might do this.
You do tend to move forward into the tank after ever bump.
When I'm in leathers, which stick pretty good to the stock seat, and I hop off after a decent ride, the stock seat cover has significant pushed-forward wrinkles. I've been edging forward but my leathers have been pulling the top of the seat fabric forward with me. I'm half expecting the rear stitching to burst.
It does make me curious about alternatives like the Norton seat, but I'm not inconvenienced nearly enough to spend anything.

Anyway, the Luimoto cover does look sweet. The racing one on their website looks pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Y, my recent Ninja 400 purchase came with a custom Luismoto. I find it to be quite comfortable, and definitely love the look. I already reached out to have a custom passenger done to match.

They also mentioned they will make covers for the cowl. Might consider that, and shaving some of the "nose" off the hard rubber. Its an a$$ jammer, except when in the corners where it really wants to be.
That seat cover does look really good..also that is a sharp 400....what wheels are those? Are those the OEM's powder coated gold?

Looks good

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think if they build up the front of the seat, many would like it. It seems they might do this.
You do tend to move forward into the tank after ever bump.
When I'm in leathers, which stick pretty good to the stock seat, and I hop off after a decent ride, the stock seat cover has significant pushed-forward wrinkles. I've been edging forward but my leathers have been pulling the top of the seat fabric forward with me. I'm half expecting the rear stitching to burst.
It does make me curious about alternatives like the Norton seat, but I'm not inconvenienced nearly enough to spend anything.

Anyway, the Luimoto cover does look sweet. The racing one on their website looks pretty good too.

Yeah, the forward creep is evident. I just ordered up some Techspec tank grips which should help a ton. Also will cover those clear coated tank stickers.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
And my Luimoto seat cover is now installed. I have a manual heavy duty stapler but I found it a bit too difficult so I borrowed a friends air powered stapler and it was much easier. I slipped it right over the stock seat cover and it fit perfectly. They shipped it very fast and have great instructions. Overall quality is very nice and the blue color matches the bike great...

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I haven’t ridden on it yet. I must admit I bought it mainly for the lookS, but it also has an extra bit of rubbed padding and the gripper surface is a plus...

I’d get the matching rear too if I didn’t have my tail bag mounted. I think it’s a nice and cheaper alternative to the OEM seat cowl...

Here's their install video. Enter "K101" for the seat code...
www.luimoto.com/install

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Looks great! Probly those ridges will offer some ventilation.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Boat, looks great on your blue 400! The Luimoto standard seats look great! Working with them on a custom rear to match my front. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts