Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are selling these custom-made handlebar risers for the N400.
We had a friend who is a toolmaker fabricate them out of 7075 alloy to produce a straight-up 1 1/4" rise to increase the comfort level.
They include the upper blanks as you can see in the picture. They extend downwards to connect to the risers more solidly. These give the clip-on better clamping purchase.
They are beautifully made and finished, almost too much so. We were going to have them anodized but they are too pretty to cover up. They are perfectly shaped to conform to the stock clip-ons' profile.
We paid $250 for Doug to measure and make these up. We would like to get $175 shipped.
If you like to ride longer rides these will help your neck and wrists quite a bit.

Motor vehicle Green Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
140 Posts
i thought i had read that there wasn't enough slack cable to do this. anything else have to be modified? i am interested.

·
Registered
140 Posts
after reading your post a few times now i am now wondering if you are making these things for resale or want to sell just this pair. if the latter is the case, why don't you want them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after reading your post a few times now i am now wondering if you are making these things for resale or want to sell just this pair. if the latter is the case, why don't you want them?
I'm selling my Ninja 400 to purchase a Ninja 650. The risers were specially made for my bike. We didn't find anyone making risers for the 400, so I commisioned a toolmaker to draw out and fabricate the risers. They are very well made.
I feel the risers would not add to the selling price of the bike. So, taking them off to sell makes more sense. They are fantastic on the 400.
Really make it more comfortable for me to do longer rides.. Also, I do love the bike. Just looking for a bit more power and the 650 is a perfect next step for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts