Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a set of CRG RC2 clutch levers from Revzilla. The break lever is perfect but the clutch lever does not properly fit on the 400. I contacted CRG and they also confirmed that the fit was too tight. They said they are still working on sourcing stuff to make the levers for the 400.

Beware as your results may vary.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I purchased a set of CRG RC2 clutch levers from Revzilla. The break lever is perfect but the clutch lever does not properly fit on the 400. I contacted CRG and they also confirmed that the fit was too tight. They said they are still working on sourcing stuff to make the levers for the 400.

Beware as your results may vary.
****! I ordered those exact levers and they arrived this afternoon. Not cool on CRG & Revzilla's part to say the clutch lever fits. Quality and finish of the levers seems very good but that's irrelevant if one doesn't fit.

Thanks for the heads up. Did CRG give you any sense of timing for making a clutch lever that fits properly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My CRG from my N300 fit on my N400 why wont the N400 fit? Pictures?
I suppose if I were to wet sand the inner shaft, it may be able to sit correctly but as you can see in the image, the bolts are loose and the clutch has alot of play but it will not ride back into the clutch shaft. This also had a boat load of lube to attempt to get a proper fit.

Album with video

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
If you need to modify anything then modify the hole in the lever. If you modify the bolt then if you cant put the OEM lever back on it and have it work correctly.

I do remember once fitting some cheap adjustables and I had trouble fitting the clutch lever...
Have just trawled back through my old threads on the CBR300 site and I see now the issue was that the main part of the lever with the mounting hole in it (the tang?) wasn't radiused on the edges like the OEM one was, so the tang could not locate right back into the base of the clutch perch on the bars because the inside of the perch was radiused as well. The square edge of the lever was hitting up against a rounded internal edge basically. Make sense?

Once I rounded off the edges of the tang with a file that bolt went through no worries at all.
Here's an old photo:
cbr 003.JPG

Your problem may be something else but worth mentioning just in case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So there's some people saying it fits and some saying it won't.....I just ordered an RC2 clutch lever for the 300. Any updates on this? If I try to install it, I won't be able to return it.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
So there's some people saying it fits and some saying it won't.....I just ordered an RC2 clutch lever for the 300. Any updates on this? If I try to install it, I won't be able to return it.
We specialize in confusion and contradiction around here... but the good thing is most of these levers are cheap and it's not such a huge set back if they dont fit or need attacking with a file or an electric drill or such like to make em work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked up the bike today (yesterday)and just finished installing all the goodies I bought for it. 3am and I'm kinda tired. I will confirm that the CRG RC2 clutch lever for the Ninja 300 was a PERFECT fit on the 400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts