Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I lane split to get to the front of the pack so I could beat the next light getting on the freeway, The guy in the beemer had the same idea... I'm thinking sure right behind me pal.
View attachment 1625 Lol nope I could barely keep up, 400 did pretty good thou.

·
Registered
744 Posts
LOL, you could have taken him if you tucked!

I like the tacho overlay.

Reactions: Kawasushi

·
Registered
172 Posts
It was worth a go anyways. I'm sure you put a smile on his face and surely you could have beat him through the on ramp.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I lane split to get to the front of the pack so I could beat the next light getting on the freeway, The guy in the beemer had the same idea... I'm thinking sure right behind me pal.
View attachment 1625 Lol nope I could barely keep up, 400 did pretty good thou.

I lose to a 740i
dont want to be that guy but man oh man that shifting was terrible, you should be able to hit 70mph in 2nd gear yet i can hear you shifting through all gears before even the next light? bmw gets down in the 0-60 in 6 seconds mark so ... "EDIT" just saw the tech in video dont know how i missed it lol" bu yeh that second gear had some more room but **** seemed the bike was struggling bad? is it still in break in stage? and if you can answer , whats your weight?

·
Registered
764 Posts
this wasn't a real run was just leaving a mates after picking up a few supply aka some vodka and a few packs of red bulls so my bag was pretty heavy and was not tucked. either way as you can see the 2nd gear has a lot more on it then some may think, and this is with a bike that has bigger tyres compared to stock so it should actually be going a little faster than what the speedo meter is reading

"sorry for the sun like I said I wasnt really trying to record this I just leave the cam on when I ride and overwrite the last file the next time I ride, so I dont have an other footage"

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont want to be that guy but man oh man that shifting was terrible, you should be able to hit 70mph in 2nd gear yet i can hear you shifting through all gears before even the next light? bmw gets down in the 0-60 in 6 seconds mark so ... "EDIT" just saw the tech in video dont know how i missed it lol" bu yeh that second gear had some more room but **** seemed the bike was struggling bad? is it still in break in stage? and if you can answer , whats your weight?
Im 165lbs, Yes the bike is still breaking in - thats the first time its been up in that rpm range ever... I also waited a tad till he was moving to get on it, I thought I did pretty good regardless and I had a lot of fun.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Im 165lbs, Yes the bike is still breaking in - thats the first time its been up in that rpm range ever... I also waited a tad till he was moving to get on it, I thought I did pretty good regardless and I had a lot of fun.
In that case good call, smart waiting a bit before reving it hard haha didnt mean to come of as a douche but I had a feeling it was still a fairly new bike :) I hope you're enjoying it

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
@emudshit " just saw the tech in video dont know how i missed it lol " --> It blends in...!

I watched your video several times and I can't see your Odo clearly " not your fault, mines the same " are you running 105 Kph in second gear..? I was at about 50 Mph in second gear ( 87 Kph ). I had to mount a camera to see my Odo cause I cant make it out from my helmet cam either, Its not perfect but its better. I actually bought it to capture miss shifts - And now the bike wont miss shift cause its being watched :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I beat up on a WRX STI the other day on mine. Lol
Anyone else have theirs consistently pulling the front wheel up at the top of first gear? 160 pound rider here btw.

·
Registered
764 Posts
@emudshit " just saw the tech in video dont know how i missed it lol " --> It blends in...!

I watched your video several times and I can't see your Odo clearly " not your fault, mines the same " are you running 105 Kph in second gear..? I was at about 50 Mph in second gear ( 87 Kph ). I had to mount a camera to see my Odo cause I cant make it out from my helmet cam either, Its not perfect but its better. I actually bought it to capture miss shifts - And now the bike wont miss shift cause its being watched :)
yep in that video I hit 105kph in second gear, sometimes i go all the way to around 112kph in second gear as all the 0-60 times I have done doing them without going into 3rd saves almost 0.6 seconds, if I tuck i can hit around 4.2, hopefully with the lithium battery installed and new akro headers I can hit 4.0 :) nah I can see the dash fine just not in videos haha, thats why I didnt tuck because if i do then the camera wont capture the dash and I hate always readjusting it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts