Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
With plenty of room for extra ammo...;)

I've got the Cortech Super 2.0 tail bag and I like it. I'm considering getting this as well for future road trips. They make good stuff...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have that same bag, love it. Used it on my Blackbird, and happy it fits the 400. Having a steel tank is appreciated in many ways. I love that i can fit a Helinox Zero chair in it, with plenty of room for a sandwich, water, and bits, without ecen expanding. Makes for a great destination chill session before continuing the rip.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have that same bag, love it. Used it on my Blackbird, and happy it fits the 400. Having a steel tank is appreciated in many ways. I love that i can fit a Helinox Zero chair in it, with plenty of room for a sandwich, water, and bits, without ecen expanding. Makes for a great destination chill session before continuing the rip.

View attachment 12888
Not the exact same bag but close enough, I have the mini Cortech.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Have you ever put a pillow in there and rest your head and core while highway tucking?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doh, right, next size bigger, with the side pockets and expansion option.
fyi, your bag is designed to mount 180 degrees from your pictures, i believe.
Thanks for pointing that out, I will make sure to put the bag on the right way from now on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any update on this product? Are there any scratches on your tank from where the magnets attach? That's my main concern.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Any update on this product? Are there any scratches on your tank from where the magnets attach? That's my main concern.
BJB, Any magnetic bag, you just have to be careful making sure you don't get dirt on the bottom of the bag, and pull the magnetic flaps up first. If you just grab the handle and run with it, the magnetic flaps drag across the tank, and if there is any sand, anything, you will scratch it. Just requires a little consideration of your mounting/unmounting process.

·
Registered
112 Posts
BJB, Any magnetic bag, you just have to be careful making sure you don't get dirt on the bottom of the bag, and pull the magnetic flaps up first. If you just grab the handle and run with it, the magnetic flaps drag across the tank, and if there is any sand, anything, you will scratch it. Just requires a little consideration of your mounting/unmounting process.
That makes sense. I've seen some magnetic attachment points wear through the material and become "magnet on metal" over time.

Love the idea of the magnetic attachment points so i only take the bag when i need it, but didn't want to risk scratching the tank even in the slightest. Thanks for the reply(y)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
No scratches on my tank and I use it every time I ride. Any fine scratches are removed easily with scratch remover and wax.
I've just been careful with my magnetic tank bags--keep the bottom clean and don't just toss them on the tank. But If I felt sufficiently concerned, some 3M or similar plastic film could protect the tank. I've used the stuff on the rear flanks where my soft saddlebags touch the paint and it works great.

Reactions: BJB
1 - 13 of 13 Posts