Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't been a huge fan of the seat so far and would like to replace it at some point. Corbin has a section of their website where you can make product requests. If enough people express interest i'm sure they'll hop right on a design. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Service Center | 800-538-7035

Aside from the firmness of the seat I feel like its pitched forward, I've been finding my "gentleman parts" getting smooshed into the tank at times. I'm sure Im not the only one having this issue?
I agree after an hour pretty uncomfortable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds good. I will try that before shelling out cash.
I originally had the same view. Felt it was pretty uncomfortable.
After spending more time riding, either my butt has gotten used to it, or the seat has broken in. Either way it's no longer a problem. Give it at least 1000km.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those of you who didn't like the Corbin seat, if you want to get a different one, check out the Norton Motorsports seat! It's $150 ($250 with a $100 credit for sending back your stock seat). The seat is made with the OEM seat and it is super comfortable. I went on my first ride with it today. I am short (about 5'0") and my bike is lowered. The seat did add a little height, so I am more on my tippy toes than the balls of my feet, but it's worth the butt comfortability.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems Corbin has a seat for us N400 riders, finally. Anyone get it yet? Impressions? I hear it changes the ergonomics a bit.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Kawasaki Ninja 400 | 800-538-7035

I've only got a couple of rides on mine, but it's night and day pressure points just aren't there anymore, and it cups your butt for a comfy ride. You can definitely feel the width when you put your feet down, but it's not uncomfortable.

I just took a ride about 30 min both ways and didn't really get off in between (brewery closed, thanks 'rona) and I felt totally fine. I have an hour and a half trip that I usually have to take a quick break halfway for, but I'm hoping I can just go straight through and based on the rides so far, I'm pretty confident I will.

Just wanted to post on this old convo because it helped me decide to get the corbin seat and while almost $400 is nothing to sneeze at, it is making me reconsider trading in my bike for something more comfortable, so that's saying something.

Cheers, y'all, stay safe. out there!

·
Registered
320 Posts
For those of you who didn't like the Corbin seat, if you want to get a different one, check out the Norton Motorsports seat! It's $150 ($250 with a $100 credit for sending back your stock seat). The seat is made with the OEM seat and it is super comfortable. I went on my first ride with it today. I am short (about 5'0") and my bike is lowered. The seat did add a little height, so I am more on my tippy toes than the balls of my feet, but it's worth the butt comfortability.

I'm 5' 3" but really like my new Norton seat. True I'm now on the balls of my feet at a stop but it's so much more comfortable on long rides. Jesse just emailed that my $100 check is mailed. Just a note, cost $22 to ship my original seat to Norton.

·
Registered
320 Posts
FB, did you ship your seat UPS? I sent a stock seat to Redding on Thursday via USPS Priority Mail and postage was $9 and some change.
I'm always paying more for shipping stuff. My last job before we closed our picture frame shop due to covid, one of our suppliers ripped me off for $80 f'g for shipping a medium size frame.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm always paying more for shipping stuff. My last job before we closed our picture frame shop due to covid, one of our suppliers ripped me off for $80 f'g for shipping a medium size frame.
I'm guessing that's part of the business you don't miss? There's always a bright side to retirement. Since I quit working, I'm somewhat short on cash. But, I've not felt the need to eat pooh, chase cars, or bark at the moon for any of my 'customers or associates'... Well, maybe a little of that barking thing sometimes. But that's another story altogether. :whistle:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did it... after putting it in my cart 1,000 times and talking myself out of the expense... I did it. 1300 miles in my first year with her and I can’t say I enjoyed much of it. 24 mile commute to work and my butt was screaming by the end. hope it gets here before the nice weather hits and ....

Hope it makes a HUGE difference!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I did it... after putting it in my cart 1,000 times and talking myself out of the expense... I did it. 1300 miles in my first year with her and I can’t say I enjoyed much of it. 24 mile commute to work and my butt was screaming by the end. hope it gets here before the nice weather hits and ....

Hope it makes a HUGE difference!
Yup, ergonomics is one of the most important mods to do. Didja specify your weight and butt size when you ordered? I did, so they can make a taylor fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It came today. Quality of workmanship is top notch. Simple install. Only took it for a 2 minute ride and I can tell you hands down it’s a night and day difference. Already love it!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts