Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be keeping an eye on Corbin personally. I've had good luck with their seats in the past and would likely jump on one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't been a huge fan of the seat so far and would like to replace it at some point. Corbin has a section of their website where you can make product requests. If enough people express interest i'm sure they'll hop right on a design. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Service Center | 800-538-7035

Aside from the firmness of the seat I feel like its pitched forward, I've been finding my "gentleman parts" getting smooshed into the tank at times. I'm sure Im not the only one having this issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I placed my order last week. Current lead time seems to be about 3 weeks or so not including shipping. I'll be sure to update you guys once I actually get it in hand.

Note on the invoice states that the seats usually require about a 2000 mile break in period, I'm willing to bet I'll notice a substantial difference from day 1.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ive checked out price for Corbin ninja seat it will cost £432 sterling or GBP,
that's a lot of money for a seat, .
My Akro, seat cowl new hanger to do away rear pegs and tank grips,did not come to that
price so im not buying a seat

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ive checked out price for Corbin ninja seat it will cost £432 sterling or GBP,
that's a lot of money for a seat, .
My Akro, seat cowl new hanger to do away rear pegs and tank grips,did not come to that
price so im not buying a seat
Just did a 80 mile round trip on the Kawasaki ergo-high seat and my god that was was painful. If an affordable (and UK available) seat doesn't come out soon I might have to let her go. Not spending near half a grand for a seat!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got my seat on Monday!

i've only had a chance to put about 50 miles on it but I am super happy with it so far! Its a night and day difference.

On my rides yesterday I experienced none of the "ball crushing" that the stock seat had. Its also wider than the original seat so it feels much more supportive.

2 potential negatives:
Its much heavier. Don't know the exact weight but I'd say its at least twice as heavy as the stock seat, probably a bit more.
Could be a problem for shorter riders. Its a bit wider in the front, I went from flat footing with ease at a stop light to standing on the balls of my feet at 5'10" easily solved by leaning the bike to one side if you need to flat foot it.

Highly recommend!

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Could be a problem for shorter riders. Its a bit wider in the front, I went from flat footing with ease at a stop light to standing on the balls of my feet at 5'10" easily solved by leaning the bike to one side if you need to flat foot it.

Have you adjusted the preload any? does your weight compress any travel?
very very sad to read this:surprise: :crying::surprise:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Just got it today. No saddle time yet. Chitty phone cam shows the wrong shade of red, lol.

IMG_20181003_161532.jpg

Reactions: Fuby

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've only been able to put about 800 miles on it but I've done a few hundred miles at a time most rides. I'm loving it! It was such a huge upgrade and I'm very happy, I highly recommend.

I want rear sets now to bring my legs up and back a bit and the bike will be perfect (for me.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Corbin Seat Installed

I will ride today and see if it improved the ride.
I am sure it will.
Had to use the hardware from stock seat and add a washer to facilitate locking seat into locking mechanism.
Photos later.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
For anyone who wants to see how it looks and compares to stock.
Will these seats fit on the 2019 z400's ? I know it doesn't list it on Corbins website but from what I can tell they use the same seat as the ninja 400 from the factory. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Will these seats fit on the 2019 z400's ? I know it doesn't list it on Corbins website but from what I can tell they use the same seat as the ninja 400 from the factory. I could be wrong though.
Yeah, if the OEM part numbers are similar, then it will fit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts