Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

Consistent 15L fuel fills

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jpm400 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I tend to push my bikes in the range department and even though the manual says its a 14L tank, i have on multiple times gotten 15L into it at different petrol stations. Is there some trickery going on to keep the bikes stated wet weight down? I get 375kms off 15L usually so the volume corresponds to the fuel fil ups.

#2 ·
How many k’s do you generally do after the last bar starts flashing? I think I’ve gone about 60km but never put 15 litres in.
Regarding the manufacturers claimed wet weight: It only has to be taken with the tank at 90% full. I removed 10.5kg of bits off my bike which has a claimed weight of 168kg. But when I weighed it on really accurate scales it was still 159kg because my tank was 100% full.

#6 ·
I haven't really looked at the fuel bars for a while as I found them a bit misleading, in the sense that they aren't exactly linear. I just watch the range and aim for 10kms left haha. My commute is just the right length but highway with no petrol stations so by the time the low fuel bar flashes it no longer often shows the range (below 34kms).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.