Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just put down a deposit down on my scarlet and black Z400 and will pick it up Saturday. I have been riding off and on for 35 years (I'm 50) on the road. I was previously an MSF Rider Coach and the Motorcycle Mentor for my military unit prior to retirement. My last bike was a KLR650 that I got rid of about 6 years ago.....was not in the head space to ride when I returned from my last deployment. Road bikes I have owned have included a 74 Honda 175 Scrambler, an 1980 Suzuki GS550L, a 92 Yamaha FZR 600 (only other new bike-it was stolen and wrecked), a 1987 Yamaha FZ 700, a 1990 CBR600 and the 90 KLR. Fast forward to now.....I have a lease on a little car that ends at the end of the month, an old truck I can drive when the weather requires and a whole bunch of Colorado sunshine telling me this was the time. My OTD cost for the bike (without the plate) is $4269 and I am pretty stoked. Already looking at slip ons!!! Does anyone have any experience with the Leo Vince Corsa GP? Anyway.....nice to be here!!

SFC B

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Welcome. Congratulations on your new bike. Where in Colorado are you? I'm in Winter Park (bike is in Los Angeles). There are a few good threads discussing the Leo Vince.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate 70 with a passion. I am originally from IN and all of my vehicles can literally auto-pilot all the way back. 70 from Denver west is always a PITA to me.....I much prefer secondary roads. :)

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
I hate 70 with a passion. I am originally from IN and all of my vehicles can literally auto-pilot all the way back. 70 from Denver west is always a PITA to me.....I much prefer secondary roads. :)
I agree. I drive LA to Winter Park about once a month...a majority on the 70. My favorite thing on planet earth is the turn-off onto the 40 to go over Berthod Pass...the 70 is over!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WP is my favorite (big) resort. It was even better before the expansion back when the city of Denver owned.......like a big Monarch :) The wife took a year off from college in IN many years ago and worked the lifts there. When we had been married a couple of years she brought me out to ski (my first time outside the Midwest). Very big place in our hearts. Do you ever eat at Carver's?.....bomb cinnamon rolls :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Mine was $5,200 OTD w/ the taller comfort seat, plates 'n all in Kalifornia. Such an incredible bike for the money, I just can't get over it! Was looking at DR650, DRZ400 SM, MT07s, then the Z4 popped on my radar, 'n I couldn't resist. I followed the break in procedure which was rough for the 1st 150 mi., (4K rpm is like 40 mph. On my FJR, 4K rpm is like 75 mph! 🤠 ) but after that it isn't too bad. It's good to break 'em in while temps are cool.
Yer gonna love this thing!

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
WP is my favorite (big) resort. It was even better before the expansion back when the city of Denver owned.......like a big Monarch :) The wife took a year off from college in IN many years ago and worked the lifts there. When we had been married a couple of years she brought me out to ski (my first time outside the Midwest). Very big place in our hearts. Do you ever eat at Carver's?.....bomb cinnamon rolls :)
That's funny. I had been skiing there since the mid '70s, moved there each winter while I was in college to work the lifts (Iron Horse lift at Mary Jane) and teach skiing. Taught my wife and kid how to ski there, spent decades skiing back country all around there. About 5 years ago we bought a piece of property with a view of the ski area and I am building our cabin to live in full time. Carver's Bakery was my breakfast every morning on the way to work...epic cinnamon rolls! If you are ever in the area, give me a shout. WP just closed down for the season because of the virus.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Out for my first bit of break in miles today. About 15 miles as it was a bit chilly (47F). Man it is gonna be tough to keep the revs down. :) I get just a taste of that intake noise teasing me......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just ordered the Leo Vince LV 10 slip on in black stainless after a couple of weeks of research. Think that for me this is the best combo of value, looks, sound. To my door it is under $230.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just hit 621 miles on mine today. When I bought it, I had a 70mile ride home which obviously included some freeway. I definitely did not stay under 4K in the revs lol. Just waiting on my oil change kit to come in the mail. Glad to have it broken in finally.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
So that's an LV can? Looks great. (y)
My bike had zero mi when I bought it. Thought that was weird, cuz the mechanic usually rides it to make sure everything's OK? Had to ride home 20 mi on a 2 lane highway, at 40 'n less; that was rough. But once home, I gotta sweet, little, tight, twistie, 18 mi loop I'd do once or twice a day. After 150 mi, I started do'in longer loops, then after 300 it's time to thrash! :whistle:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts