Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

Colors on your bike!

20K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Kawasushi 
#1 ·
I might be lame but, i was thinking what i want my accessories colors to be. Grips/new windscreen/pegs/etc

Does anyone else think of that?

I would love blue, my bike is all black. Would love some blue accent colors on it! But im worried cops with stop me if i blue up my bike too much (ice white/blue headlight? For example).

Anyone have any experience with this?

I was thinking of a purple/dark purple too, but i think alot of stuff would be difficult to find in purple!

Ok ill try to stop being lame now.

#4 · (Edited)
I know kawasaki had a black ninja with blue and purple on it back in the 90's. I pulled up some images of different black ninja's accented with purple,blue, yellow etc.

I have been looking at vinyl wrap kits for mine. A friend of mine is attempting to do the plastic coat/dip on a project bike, which if he doesn't like it he can just peel it off.

Attachments

#5 ·
I know kawasaki had a black ninja with blue and purple on it back in the 90's. I pulled up some images of different black ninja's accented with purple,blue, yellow etc.

I have been looking at vinyl wrap kits for mine. A friend of mine is attempting to do the plastic coat/dip, which if he doesn't like it he can peel it off.
The red and black ninja 400 looks awesome. Is that custom or an actual color option for different countries?

BTW what accent colors do you feel would go well with the pearl yellow/grey/black? But the yellow looks more orange to me.

Reactions: rde09
#6 · (Edited)
I believe the red and black ninja 400 was from Thailand

I have a spare set of CNC levers that are purple and a set of gold anodized on my green ninja 250 that I may exchange and install the gold anodized levers on the 400 ninja, Pat did this and it looked great on his solar yellow/grey/ black Ninja (see below). I haven't decided on the vinyl wrap, but I was leaning toward installing more yellow on the bike, just don't know how close to the solar yellow I can get in vinyl. I did install an anodized gold and silver CNC clutch cable adjuster, which besides taking a few grams of weight away, looks better than just black on the clutch lever area and gives it a little gold accent.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
I have been contemplating what to do with all of the grey on my bike. I have 3 different versions I have mocked up with lesser grey and black on each of them.

disclaimer: I am not a fan of the grey/yellow combination with the grey in the majority. Anyone care to weigh in on what they like or dislike with the 3 different versions?

Attachments

#12 ·
I wish there was a yellow option here in Canada. We get KRT, black, solid red and solid blue.

Anyways, pic 3 with the yellow tank and belly gets my vote. I find it delivers the most overall balance.

Reactions: rde09
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.