Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes
This was pulled from an old reddit thread that i started a couple months ago. A little update to what's going on now. TLDR: I'm frustrated on what keeps burning my clutch out so quickly (especially with such low mileage) and i'm looking to buy " Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Friction Plates" AND "OEM 2020+ Kawasaki Clutch Pull Rod and Bearing Update – Kawasaki Ninja 400 / Z400" by Norton Motorsports. I already have the Heavy Duty Barnett Clutch Springs so according to this article in order to complete the clutch burning out and slipping whenever i ride and accelerate, I should buy those two parts. https://www.norton-motorsports.com/product/oem-2020-kawasaki-clutch-pull-rod-and-bearing-update-kawasaki-ninja-400-z400/ Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Friction Plates - Kawasaki Ninja 400 - Norton Motorsports Have any of you guys had a similar issue? What fixed it for you guys? Any specific parts you guys have bought? Do you guys recommend the route I'm planning to take? If not, let me know what you disagree with and I will come to a consensus of what I will do and will update this thread. I really miss riding and I really want to get back into it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This was pulled from an old reddit thread that i started a couple months ago. A little update to what's going on now.

TLDR: I'm frustrated on what keeps burning my clutch out so quickly (especially with such low mileage) and i'm looking to buy " Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Friction Plates" AND "OEM 2020+ Kawasaki Clutch Pull Rod and Bearing Update – Kawasaki Ninja 400 / Z400" by Norton Motorsports. I already have the Heavy Duty Barnett Clutch Springs so according to this article in order to complete the clutch burning out and slipping whenever i ride and accelerate, I should buy those two parts.

https://www.norton-motorsports.com/product/oem-2020-kawasaki-clutch-pull-rod-and-bearing-update-kawasaki-ninja-400-z400/
Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Friction Plates - Kawasaki Ninja 400 - Norton Motorsports

Have any of you guys had a similar issue? What fixed it for you guys? Any specific parts you guys have bought? Do you guys recommend the route I'm planning to take? If not, let me know what you disagree with and I will come to a consensus of what I will do and will update this thread.

I really miss riding and I really want to get back into it. Thank you.
This was pulled from an old reddit thread that i started a couple months ago. A little update to what's going on now.

TLDR: I'm frustrated on what keeps burning my clutch out so quickly (especially with such low mileage) and i'm looking to buy " Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Friction Plates" AND "OEM 2020+ Kawasaki Clutch Pull Rod and Bearing Update – Kawasaki Ninja 400 / Z400" by Norton Motorsports. I already have the Heavy Duty Barnett Clutch Springs so according to this article in order to complete the clutch burning out and slipping whenever i ride and accelerate, I should buy those two parts.

https://www.norton-motorsports.com/product/oem-2020-kawasaki-clutch-pull-rod-and-bearing-update-kawasaki-ninja-400-z400/
Barnett Heavy Duty Clutch Friction Plates - Kawasaki Ninja 400 - Norton Motorsports

Have any of you guys had a similar issue? What fixed it for you guys? Any specific parts you guys have bought? Do you guys recommend the route I'm planning to take? If not, let me know what you disagree with and I will come to a consensus of what I will do and will update this thread.

I really miss riding and I really want to get back into it. Thank you.
Yes, I have had the exact same issues! I have 6900 mi. On my 2019 Kawasaki z400. I've had absolutely zero issues until this point. I drove to work no problems and riding home I noticed it was slipping a little in 1st gear, nothing drastic. 2nd I could hardly get up to 30.. 3rd gear, not over 42mph and as soon as I would shift into 4th I would lose speed and high revv. Diddly squat for power to wheels.. I Had to ride 3rd all the way home, **** near red lining just putt-putting along lmao. Was very distraught. Learned that the cable connected to the clutch was wayyyyy too fucking tight. Took it to a friends garage all we needed was an 8 mil, 10 mil and vise grips. Loosened "each" nut connected directly to clutch cable both by hand and bracket on top of gearbox (exhaust side) started at gearbox and went up until it had some decent amount of play on both ends. Then worked our way backward from handlebar to gearbox, slowly tightening until snug at each point along the cable.. once finished the bracket itself on top of gearbox wouldn't be able to move. Just past snug was perfect. . I took it for a spin and right off the bat slowly releasing the clutch I could feel my bike pull forward .. I ripped through all 6 gears fast as **** to see if it would flatten out at 4th. . Not at all.. I was honestly surprised it fixed my problem that easily. I've only put 100mi on it since as it was Friday I noticed the issues but I thought I was about to be in the same boat buying a whole new clutch kit.. hopefully it holds up hahaha. I hope this helps! (I can post pictures if need be)

81 - 84 of 84 Posts