Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a beginner rider. Didn't know how to rev match properly, tried to do wheelies and rev bombed here and there(maybe once a week). Then my clutch gave out after 6 months(3000 miles) of use at around 6300(im second owner) miles. The head mechanic told me it is normal and that it happens to beginner small sportbikes all the time. The warranty did not cover it. I spent around 500$ to get it replaced. 3 weeks later the clutch gave out again after I completed the Advanced Rider course on the way back. I do not know if something is wrong with the mechanic that serviced it or Kawasaki. It was an official kawasaki service and the biggest place in the area for motorcycle repairs. I did not cheap out. They told me if in 30 days something was wrong with the clutch they'd fix it for free but now I will be without my bike again for some time which is a problem because it is my only mode of transportation. Can anyone pls tell me what is going on? Is there a big problem with the ninja 400 clutch and Kawasaki messed up real bad with this bike or my mechanic made a mistake and everything Im going thru is normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way I never did wheelies or any revving while clutch was engaged at all for 3 weeks. the second failure mademe think this is not normal

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Howdy. This thread will tell you everything you need to know on how to fix it:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts