Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So my evol clip ons finally turned up the other week and are on the bike was really impressed at the quality of them. There are a couple of issues though with the stock body work. Even with them adjusted all the way back the brake and clutch lever make contact with the stock body work. Currently waiting on a Norton steering stop to see if that makes it better. Also they come with caps on the bars not bar ends so after about 20 mins of riding on the street my hands are numb. I haven't taken the caps of yet but I'm guessing there wouldn't be a thread inside for bar ends. I quite like the look of the r&g bar ends but not sure how I'll be able to make them work if the bars don't have a threaded hole. Any suggestions?
Bar end mirrors help if your into those? Your right, the bars are hollow behind the cap.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bar end mirrors help if your into those? Your right, the bars are hollow behind the cap.
I dunno about bar end mirrors Ive just never been into them on fully faired bikes. Any idea how I could get something threaded in there was thinking there's got to be something that could expand when tightened

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Appreciate the link I grabbed a set of those and another brand then went down the aliexpress rabbit hole and spent $500 on other bits for the bike... At least I'll have the bar ends soon
Initially when I put them in I had to fuss a little getting them tight, but I've put about 10,000k's on them and no trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a set of Amazon clip ons. They sit 6mm lower than stock. Although the degree in drop is more than stock, I don't have a measurement for it, but the bar ends sit around 12-15mm lower. They came pre-drilled which saved me some time trying to measure and drill holes for the controls. The only slight problem I see is that the clamps don't sit flush with the fork tubes. There is a 5mm space left over, but there is still plenty of clamping room that was used. Install was easy and since the drop wasn't much, there are no clearance issues with the body. I used a ton of blue thread lock so nothing falls apart while I'm riding. Now I'm just waiting on my weighted bar ends and grips to arrive so I can install them. I haven't gone on a ride yet with them, so I'm not knowledged on the vibrations yet, but they feel really good. Slight more aggressive stance compared to stock. View attachment 12123 View attachment 12124 View attachment 12125 View attachment 12126 View attachment 12127
Do you know where I could find these same clip ons?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone running the Bonamici clip ons? If so, are they fine with stock fairings like the Woodcraft ones apparently are (with minor brake line adjustment)?

101 - 107 of 107 Posts