Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
My experience with Chinese ali-express mufflers/silencers has been positive. So good in fact that I consider it the best area to save money as a bike mod. Aside from sound, how much amazing technology does a 4 stroke slip on need to eject exhaust freely?

I cannot comment on the tuning side of things as I bought the mufflers simply to save weight on a Hyosung gt250r race bike (a championship limited to Hyo bikes if you were wondering "why!" :LOL:) and replace a destroyed unit on a Honda CBR250rr MC22.

The MC22 has had the same Chinese muffler for nearly 9 years and I can only say good things about it. Sounds good, nothing has rusted despite being out in all weather. The body is made from some silver alloy stuff that seemed decently light and durable. I've had to wrench it away from the swingarm more than once after low sides bent the bracket, so it can survive a good grinding without coming apart. (Wet track days didn't help).

The Hyo race bike has had the Chinese muffler for 3 seasons. 40+ races at least. Again, no problems.

I've got one in the pipeline for the Ninja, but with the virus and lunar new year going on in China, I'll be happy if I get it in 2 months

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just ordered the chinese exhaust just for the laughs.
I Admit it, i my hobby is DIY cheapo mods even when i can afford the "right way".
So, In the next days ill write a "how to" tune the bike with only 10€.
Basically, ive calculated a NTC resistor looking at the stock IAT resistance table, which will rich the mixture about 6% and change ignition timing. "Booster plug" brand do the same but it cost 150€ lol.
The NTC resistor, 2 pin plug and full exhaust is already ordered.

PS: i will get power commander when available in Spain. All the N400 Piggy back are from EEUU, ****. I should move to eeuu.
Ps2: im going to ckeck my grammar before upload the "how to" because my current English is a shame.
EEUU = USA*

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I just ordered the chinese exhaust just for the laughs.
I Admit it, i my hobby is DIY cheapo mods even when i can afford the "right way".
So, In the next days ill write a "how to" tune the bike with only 10€.
Basically, ive calculated a NTC resistor looking at the stock IAT resistance table, which will rich the mixture about 6% and change ignition timing. "Booster plug" brand do the same but it cost 150€ lol.
The NTC resistor, 2 pin plug and full exhaust is already ordered.

PS: i will get power commander when available in Spain. All the N400 Piggy back are from EEUU, ****. I should move to eeuu.
Ps2: im going to ckeck my grammar before upload the "how to" because my current English is a shame.
Hehe, I can't wait to see your "how to"! And there's no issue with your English. We understand what you're saying :giggle:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts