Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
It looks really good cleaned up.

I’m interested to see what you think of the Bridgestones, and also the damper rods.

I bet you’ve been having motorcycling withdrawal symptoms by this time...

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It looks really good cleaned up.

I’m interested to see what you think of the Bridgestones, and also the damper rods.

I bet you’ve been having motorcycling withdrawal symptoms by this time...
Dun rode 3 mi. to get a burrito, 'n 3 mi. back home 🥳 Can't comment on the S22, butt the AR 25s are great; really soaked up the bumps 'n potholes on our crappy little private rd. Hopefully I can get in a proper ride tomorrow?
No motorcycling withdraws, dun got me an FJR1300 I've been ride'in. :D You can see her left Leo Vince in the last pic.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Guess I just ain't meant to ride this little fcker! :mad:
Went get a burrito, 'n the steering felt a little heavy, parked, ate, went to get sum paint for my wife/sister, 'n noticed my tyre was flat; AGAIN!!!
Took it to the shop 'n the guy said the valve stem (They put in after my spear racing valve stem was bad!) was bad. said he'd replace it, 'n I told him I never seen one bad valve stem let alone 2! Axed him to check the rim to make sure it ain't cracked or sumpin?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Bugger 😖
Your havin a bad run keeping that thing on the road lately. Sounds like maybe your bead is not getting a good seating on that bashed about rim huh. How about pumping it up and chucking it in the bath to look for bubbles?
Well, the little woman is still pissed 'bout me use'in her favorite measuring cup fer my fork oil, so fill'in the bath tub fer my wheel's outta the question. I took it to the shop 'n asked 'em to check the rim; I assume they gotta tub to dunk it in.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nope. Dropped the wheel off at the shop, Friday butt ain't heard noth'in. (They're closed Sun-Mon) Gonna call 'em tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a fluke that I got 2 bad valve stems?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Purdie good idea, butt I'd definitely have to break the bead to get da sucky, over priced, doesn't work, spears racing right angle stem out.
Really don't need a right angle fer the front anywayz since there's only one disk; plenty of room ta get my old, broken up hands in there. :LOL:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just joking about the Quick Stem.

But I am really curious about the two different stem failures, if that’s what it turns out to be.

Any common factors, like his air chuck damaging the valve core? Not likely, I wouldn’t guess...

Or did I get it wrong, and both the stems were from Spears?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’ve never had one bad valve stem, let alone two...in a row...on a wheel that was bent & fixed...

Normally when something works, then doesn’t, you look at what happened between those two states.
Well put. Good way to look at it. Sounds like he’s got stems, a repaired wheel, and a shiny new tire.

I’ve never seen a new stem leak either. Still not sure if they were both the same kind.

the guy said the valve stem (They put in after my spear racing valve stem was bad!) was bad.
I don’t want to second guess Banjoboy. I can tell he’s pretty sharp, he just doesn’t want us to know that...

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Dun got the tyre back on 'n bike is off stands; woo hoo! Butt I'm too hot 'n bothered to ride right now, maybe mañana?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Be sure to check tire pressure before you leave. 🤞

41 - 58 of 58 Posts