Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No picture, we didn't stop, but it was a big, mean, pothole! We were riding a really crappy road that was full of 'em for miles. Despite have'in the highest sales, gasoline, taxes, highest registration fees in the union, Kalifornia also has the worst roads. Hummmm? :unsure:
I was 'bout 8.5 hrs into a 12 hr ride, 'n a long way from home, so as usual, I was go'in too fast for conditions. (It's a banjoboy thang! :LOL: )

·
Registered
667 Posts
During a 12 hour ride.... I'm guessing they were some where between 'lost and found'. It was probably a 'black hole'. Never to be seen again. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Finally! Dun got my wheel back from the frame/wheel fixers, It looks great, (Only $175) dent be gone. I installed my right angle valve stem, 'n a new S22 front tyre. Removed valve core, pressured up the tyre to seat da bead, then put the valve core back in. went to air up to 32 psi, butt it wouldn't air up. WTF? Tried put'in in the core from the old valve stem, 'n was able to air it up to 32 psi, butt I think it's leak'in. Gonna check 'n see if it holds air tomorrow morn'in, 'n if not, will have ta pull the tyre, 'n use the other right angle valve stem. Now I know why they sell 'em in a 2 pack! :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
Just dented my downhill mountain bike's rear wheel. I temporarily threw an inner tube in it but it looks like it is going to be a total loss as the dent is pretty severe. $175 for your fix sounds like a great deal!!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You know, I was out riding pedal ninjas with my wife today and for some reason thought of your wheel, wondering when you were going to get it.

Hope it’s still holding air in the morning. And let us know how you like the S22s
Thnx, it didn't hold air. :cry: So this morn'in I pulled the core from the other right angle vs, but like the 1st one, the little rubber O-ring stayed in the stem. In all my years change'in tyres, the O-ring has always stayed on the core, but now I got 2 Spears Racing valve stems where the O-ring stayed in, and bungs things up.
I was able to carefully fish it out, 'n put it on the core thingies. Gonna wait a few hrs to see if it holds?
It ain't easy be'in me! :p
Just dented my downhill mountain bike's rear wheel. I temporarily threw an inner tube in it but it looks like it is going to be a total loss as the dent is pretty severe. $175 for your fix sounds like a great deal!!
Be careful, bicycles are dangerous! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
It's alive!

Haven't ridden her yet, cuz I'm still hot 'n bothered from putin it back together, especially those Traxxion stickers! (Cuz I wanta be Boat's disciple. :LOL: )
And Tracy will be happy to know the rim job looks good; at least spinning it no wobbles (y)

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
What happened to yer bike? It looks clean!
Boat says the sticks'll drop my lap times by .5 a second! :LOL:
Yeah, I an't much fer clean'in my bikes, butt it was down right filthy (Like my mouf!) after 100 mi.f dirt the day I bent the rim. Know'in I was gonna be wrench'in on the thing, figured I'd give her a Motul Moto wash bath. (y)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts