Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dun did a 350 mi. ride yesterday with **** near 100 mi. of dirt roads! I feel I abused the poor little Z4, by subjecting it to such abuse, but as usually she performed flawlessly; well almost. I dun hit a massive pothole 'n bent both rims, jacked my hands, tweaked the handlebars. Then rode 100 mi. of the fabled HWY 36 like that. :p

Please help me buy two new OZ wheels, send money to inbredlivematter.com. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
262 Posts
My head would explode if my little Ninja looked like that. I don't think my KLR 650 was ever that filthy and it was used off road often.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My head would explode if my little Ninja looked like that. I don't think my KLR 650 was ever that filthy and it was used off road often.
And that pic wuz taken this morn'in after 200 mi. of high speed travel come'in home; that blew most of the filth off!

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike. I've used rim straightening services before, but it was for a car wheel. I'm sure those dents can be fixed...

I went to Charlie in Modesto and he was super cool and very helpful. The wheel (20" Camaro wheel) came out like new...

Reactions: Banjoboy

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Banjoboy you're a monster. Who does such thing
Butt, this little Z keeps asking for abuse! :LOL:
Figure I'll call my smiling Kawasaki dealer ta see if warranty will cover this? (Weak sauce wheels!) If not I'll prolly see if theres any local rim repair; thought I remember see'in a guy in Sac that straightens MC wheels?
Or I may do the redneck thang; C-clap 'n a couple blocks of wood?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wow, yep Banjo, you sure did abuse your little Z. I hope all works out well.

Reactions: Banjoboy

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear about your bike. I've used rim straightening services before, but it was for a car wheel. I'm sure those dents can be fixed...

I went to Charlie in Modesto and he was super cool and very helpful. The wheel (20" Camaro wheel) came out like new...

My charming Kawasaki dealer, said moma Kawaski wouldn't cover it, so I shot an email to GP Frame. Dun known sum other peeps who used 'em and were satisfied, 'n they're right down in ball Sac. (y)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah keep us posted, I want to know what one of those costs. (for a friend, you know?)

Tracy, that’s a pretty soft underhanded pitch for our banjo-playing friend.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah keep us posted, I want to know what one of those costs. (for a friend, you know?)

Tracy, that’s a pretty soft underhanded pitch for our banjo-playing friend.
The frame/wheel straightening place said $140 to straighten the wheel, + $40 if they have ta pull, 'n remount, balance tire.
Pulled the wheel 'n rotor this morn'in cuz my wife/sister was go'in to town. (And the UPS store) She tried ta mail the thing, butt the lame-ass UPS store didn't have the right size box, so she brings it back. Then I figured I'd pull the tyre, 'n broke the bead w/ my cheesy HF bead breaker, butt now I can't find my tyre iron; it ain't easy be'in me! :cautious:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts