Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm Kyle, from Sacramento, proud new owner of a 2019 z400(Only 110 miles on the odometer). I'll be 31 this year and have wanted a bike for the last 15 years and I finally took the plunge yesterday. Definitely looking forward to getting to know everyone around here and maybe meet some locals to go on some group rides with.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and Welcome to the Forum. A few of the Forum folks "from CA" appear to be pretty shady characters. You may want take a looky-lo into their goings ons..., maybe do few criminal background checks...before you commit to their foolishness. Don't take my word for it. They'll be chiming in soon enough. You'll see for yourself. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hello and I know you're gonna love the Z. Its just too much fun.Check the clutch cable adjustment/engagement First thing, and yeah watch out for some of those west coast characters
🐉

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new Z. I’m down here in Tracy...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello and I know you're gonna love the Z. Its just too much fun.Check the clutch cable adjustment/engagement First thing, and yeah watch out for some of those west coast characters
🐉
Will definitely be checking the clutch out. It seems to engage pretty late. Almost at the end of the lever release. Is that normal? Should it be adjusted to a specific point or is it just rider preference?

@Banjoboy awesome bike man! I've spent a lot of time in Paradise at family's properties, growing up. Granted they all lost their 3 homes in the fires and ended up moving to cottonwood afterwards. And my company is based out of Oroville, so I'm still in the area pretty often.

@Boat nice to meet you! Hopefully we can plan a ride this spring and summer!

@airhead83 I'll be sure to keep the background check in mind! Lol thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!

·
Registered
984 Posts
You want the lever to engage where your sure the clutch is FULLY engaged at full lever release
Does that make sense? Sounds a little wonky, but I know what I mean.
🐉

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You want the lever to engage where your sure the clutch is FULLY engaged at full lever release
Does that make sense? Sounds a little wonky, but I know what I mean.
🐉
Yeah that actually makes complete sense. I'll take it out this afternoon and pay close attention to see where it's at and adjust as needed. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm Kyle, from Sacramento, proud new owner of a 2019 z400(Only 110 miles on the odometer). I'll be 31 this year and have wanted a bike for the last 15 years and I finally took the plunge yesterday. Definitely looking forward to getting to know everyone around here and maybe meet some locals to go on some group rides with.

View attachment 17081
Hiya, I just got my Z400 a month ago. I'm out in SF.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Will definitely be checking the clutch out. It seems to engage pretty late. Almost at the end of the lever release. Is that normal? Should it be adjusted to a specific point or is it just rider preference?

@Banjoboy awesome bike man! I've spent a lot of time in Paradise at family's properties, growing up. Granted they all lost their 3 homes in the fires and ended up moving to cottonwood afterwards. And my company is based out of Oroville, so I'm still in the area pretty often.

@Boat nice to meet you! Hopefully we can plan a ride this spring and summer!

@airhead83 I'll be sure to keep the background check in mind! Lol thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!
The main thing is that you have 'bout 1/4" free play in the clutch lever, then yer being all you can be. These clutches are a weak link, and $30 on new, heavy duty clutch springs (HERE) is money well spent. They'll make the clutch last longer, 'n give better feel. (y)
Yeah, my parents got burned out too. We're actually up in Magalia, I just say "Paradise" cuz everybody knows where that is now. :LOL:
We'll have to go riding when it warms up, 'n the snows melt. ⛄

·
Registered
47 Posts

View attachment 17081
She's a beaut! Ride it like you stole it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts