Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Picked up a 400 KRT a few days ago, after not riding for about 5 years.

I started out on a ninja 250 about 10 years ago. Upgraded to a katana 600, but got too busy to ride, so I sold the katana.

Put about 100 miles on the 400 so far. This is my first brand new bike. The 4k RPM break-in is absolute torture around town.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey,

Picked up a 400 KRT a few days ago, after not riding for about 5 years.

I started out on a ninja 250 about 10 years ago. Upgraded to a katana 600, but got too busy to ride, so I sold the katana.

Put about 100 miles on the 400 so far. This is my first brand new bike. The 4k RPM break-in is absolute torture around town.
welcome :) after about 200 miles, up the limit to 5k rpm, after another 100 miles up it to 6k rpm and so on. In my opinion I have always done it that way and never had a problem with any of my bikes but its up to you, a lot of people say a hard break in equals in higher Horse power figures but who is to truly know haha.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new 400! A fantastic bike to get back into riding, but the break in process can definitely hamper the fun. There's quite a few members on here who are going with a more..aggressive strategy aha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts