Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Yeah it should do or speed the process up by doing the ride sequence.

I've copy and pasted below the procedure from the workshop manual rather than use my own words. So if it doesn't work for you, dont blame me! 😄

Service Code Erasing • The service codes stored in memory of the ECU can be erased using Kawasaki Diagnostic System. If the Kawasaki Diagnostic System is not available, do the following procedures. 1. Turn on the ignition switch and start the engine. 2. Keep the idling speed more than 30 seconds. 3. Run the vehicle more than 5 minutes at a speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) or more. Be sure to keep the engine running during procedures 2 and 3 for more than 10 minutes in total. 4. Turn the ignition switch off. 5. Repeat the above procedures 3 times. 6. Start the engine and check that the yellow engine warning indicator light (LED) goes off

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Wow. I can't believe that actually worked. Thank you kiwi. Now I don't have to drive this heap of metal off a cliff and further pollute the environment.
Ye of little faith! ha ha. It is an odd and painful process doing that ride sequence but it works. Glad you got a result. 👍

21 - 26 of 26 Posts