Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm getting a check engine light after I reinstalled the ECU which was flashed from 2wheeldynoworks.

I put a driven block off plate in to eliminate the pair system and I was told it would be tuned out as well. The only other change was the air filter to k&n.

Will the check engine light go away after a few cycles or do I have to do something else? This is a new 2019 z400.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
You need to find out what the check engine light is for. What code is it throwing? Then go from there...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey guys I'm getting a check engine light after I reinstalled the ECU which was flashed from 2wheeldynoworks.

I put a driven block off plate in to eliminate the pair system and I was told it would be tuned out as well. The only other change was the air filter to k&n.

Will the check engine light go away after a few cycles or do I have to do something else? This is a new 2019 z400.
Did you unplug the oxygen sensor because that will cause a code with the woolich software and might with whatever software you are using

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not unplug anything. I left everything the way it was. 2 wheel Dyno works gave me no instructions and nothing in the package that indicated what needed to be done. I will get the code and come back thank you guys

·
Premium Member
755 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twowheeldynomorons said they'd tune it out and so I bought the block off plates without the dongle. Now they're no responding to my emails 🤯

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Well there you go. It's related to the removal of the pair valve. Apparently they didn't eliminate that from your tune. I guess your options are to contact the vendor, or just get the resister plug...

^THIS^ is wut I got, and FlashTune ECU so'z I'm the master of my domain. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was informed by the tuner that Woolrich software is unable to remove the CEL in all situations and my particular VIN is one of them. Woolrich is apparently aware of the issue and recommends the plug in resistor. Had I know this before I would have done it the first time when everything was apart.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quite frankly it's the only choice I have...will.chime in again in a few days when I can ride as long as that odd sequence requires. So aggravated...

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
64 is the PAIR valve, nothing to do with O2 sensor. Have you removed your pair valve or had it disabled during an ECU flash? Sorry, I'm not familiar with your back story.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pair was removed and allegedly disabled by twowheeldynomorons. Tuner advised Woolrich stated on some ECUs the light will still stay on and require an eliminator plug. I purchased healtech pair eliminator for ninja 400 and it does not seem to work.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Ah right, OK. I had similar issues trying resistors of different ratings that some folk said worked for them but not me - typical eh!. In the end I just plugged the body of the pair valve back in again minus hoses to get rid of the **** light. It doesn't weigh much and I just cable tied it up out of the way and sight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts