Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a Bluetooth communication for me and another rider. I'm just wondering if anyone here has these communication systems and would like to share their Pros and Cons list. If you use any other Bluetooth Coms please feel free to share. Thank you!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been comparing the two myself lately. I think a huge thing for me is the packtalk is waterproof vs the sena's water resistance. Definitely interested in others feedback too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
@Lunchbox @hogejaku

I have used these since they came on the market. They work great, low profile (no wind drag) easy to install. Best yet they are on sale for $300 a set. When I bought them they were $399 a set.

I did have a battery failure, Revzilla took the battery back gave me another at no charge. I ended up buying another set for my little brother to use as a birthday gift

If you know American money this will help you see the size of them

Here is the link to Revzilla

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh10r-bluetooth-headset-dual-pack

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had multiple sets of Cardo's Scala Riders over the years. It's getting close to the time where I will be replacing them and since I've never been a huge fan of their quality, I've been really considering Sena this time around..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Woah those are pretty cool looking. Did not realize how compact these accessories had become already. Have you ever had any issues using them in the rain? I see they are only water resistant.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You should post a pic of your helmet with these on, where do they go!? Behind the padding? What about controls? Or is it all voice? Or just all done via your phone?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello everyone, thank you for your inputs.

I ended up getting a killer deal for the Cardo PackTalk Duo. My buddy and I went halves on it, each paid $202.65

We haven't ridden together yet but as a solo rider so far its been great and easy to setup. The voice commands to make calls, play music is really simple and easy to use. I made calls to see if they heard any wind/engine noise and they all said nope, came out crystal clear.

The installation for a first time user wasn't so difficult. The only issue I'm having with it is that my helmet is small, its pretty tight to begin with so the audio ear buds are squeezing my poor ears. I had to move them a little higher up and helped a little.

Instruction manual is confusing so I ended up Youtubing "MotoGeek Freak" and made it 100% easier to understand the unit.

Ill post pictures later tonight on how the setup looks like.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You should post a pic of your helmet with these on, where do they go!? Behind the padding? What about controls? Or is it all voice? Or just all done via your phone?
In the picture my son is touching the battery, the other circle is the actual Sena itself. Its a really nice system, I have had it about 4 years, works great in the rain. The range isnt as far as they say it is but still it goes far enough. The controls are on the unit itself. You hold buttons down in different configurations to turn on, to pair with another Sena, to pair with your phone. If my little bro and I pair, then pair to our phones we can listen to the same song. Once you talk the music pauses then starts playing again. We have linked to 4 total riders.

Sorry guys for pics of my son I looked back through my Facebook and couldnt find my pictures after I installed it.

A little better view of the unit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Woah those are pretty cool looking. Did not realize how compact these accessories had become already. Have you ever had any issues using them in the rain? I see they are only water resistant.
I live in the Philippines, rain can happen at anytime. I never worry about my Sena, just make sure you push the little rubber tab back in after charging it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts