Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted somewhere to keep track of my little N400 bits and bobs so figured here's a nice spot for it...

Started riding in December '17 after my long line of male family members had been into it for a while.
My Uncle raced for Honda in Dubai for a little while. Dad ensured I grew up with Ducati's structured around the house, and my younger brother tracks his S1000RR.

As much as I was told I wasn't allowed to get into bikes, what did they expect from me? :giggle:

My passion lies in European cars and have successfully spent a fair bit of track time behind the wheel of both BMW's and Audi's. (E46 M3, F82 M4, 17' RS3, 17' TTRS & 17' RS5)
Currently have a 2018 A5 Sportback as my daily after selling my much loved M4 and buying the bike as my 'go quick' thing (I must be getting old...)

As New Zealand runs a structured licence, we are limited to what we can legally ride in the first 12-24 months of our licence - Sub 650cc and restricted in some cases.
Being only 5ft1 I struggled for a while to find a bike that would suit my height and size in general. I learnt on a Hyosung GT650R and will note I absolutely hated it. I initially had the RC390 on the books, but I couldn't even get my feet down so wrote it off quickly. At that time, the Ninja 300 was the only option until I quickly learnt the N400 was soon to be released. And so I chucked one on order and waited patiently for it's arrival to me on Valentines Day (Feb 14th) (Whoever said Diamonds were a girls best friend never owned a sports bike...)

And so here we are today! 4 months later and 1,500kms on the clock I am absolutely loving it.

First addition to my new bike was an updated registration plate, and as such, the bike is now known as the "CAOTC" Ninja.
I've ordered a Slip On Akrapovic in Carbon which is due to arrive late August/Early Sept and between all this I hope to get onto fixing my fairing, a tail tidy and integrated lights.

Stay tuned for more :yahoo:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, from fast cars to fast bikes eh. My Corolla shows a good turn of speed when I thrash it along a bit. Not quite the same thing? Ah OK, fair enough. :biggrin:
Haha this comment! Gold...

Keep us updated with your rides and mods here! I may also start a thread for my bike too!
Will do, thank you :grin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headed out yesterday for a full day of riding. Weather was absolutely perfect.
Mate had a 2017 MT07 with full headers/Exhaust and was surprised at how quick the Ninja was. Many times I pulled off and he couldn't keep up.

She's earned her respect among the big bikes now. I was certain the lack of power meant no little wheelies, but I was wrong. Managed to score some sweet ones for additional respect points :giggle:

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Headed out yesterday for a full day of riding. Weather was absolutely perfect.
Mate had a 2017 MT07 with full headers/Exhaust and was surprised at how quick the Ninja was. Many times I pulled off and he couldn't keep up.

She's earned her respect among the big bikes now. I was certain the lack of power meant no little wheelies, but I was wrong. Managed to score some sweet ones for additional respect points :giggle:
You little hooligan you! Cant say I've tried a wheelie yet, not my forte.

Your comment about riding with an MT-07 caught my attention as one of my main riding buddies has one with a full Akra system as well. Not sure if you've ridden one but they are a pretty awesome machine.
Anyways I was thinking just the other day that once I get the lighter pipe on my bike I should give him a drag through the gears. I dont reckon I'd be too far behind him (if not keeping up) as he weighs 40 Kg more than myself.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You little hooligan you! Cant say I've tried a wheelie yet, not my forte.

Your comment about riding with an MT-07 caught my attention as one of my main riding buddies has one with a full Akra system as well. Not sure if you've ridden one but they are a pretty awesome machine.
Anyways I was thinking just the other day that once I get the lighter pipe on my bike I should give him a drag through the gears. I dont reckon I'd be too far behind him (if not keeping up) as he weighs 40 Kg more than myself.
Haha! I was impressed given I've only got 1700kms to my name in terms of riding experience :blink:
Have to stand out in a crowd full of men :wavetowel2:

Yes, he had a Full Akra system.. Let me know if you do. I will try again once my Akra arrives

·
Registered
96 Posts
CAOTC, nice cars that you'd drive and maybe now it would be time to drive a real mens car, like this https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/buy-porsche-911-carrera-rs.htm
Not one of that modern kind, full with electronic gimmicks which turns it into a lady-toy, also without power steering that absorbs the road bumps and that you can then drive in a really relaxed way.
Watch the drivers hands working hard at the steering wheel
and the same here
These are pure cars and if you ever have the chance to test one, enjoy it for the rest of your live (I've owned a 930 3.3).
And take this as a bonus for some understanding of what German engineering is able to produce.
VW Record
Porsche Record

Have a nice weekend and ride safe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CAOTC, nice cars that you'd drive and maybe now it would be time to drive a real mens car, like this

Not one of that modern kind, full with electronic gimmicks which turns it into a lady-toy, also without power steering that absorbs the road bumps and that you can then drive in a really relaxed way.
Watch the drivers hands working hard at the steering wheel

and the same here

These are pure cars and if you ever have the chance to test one, enjoy it for the rest of your live (I've owned a 930 3.3).
And take this as a bonus for some understanding of what German engineering is able to produce.
VW Record

Porsche Record

Have a nice weekend and ride safe
My first track car was an E46 M3 with no gimmicks I shall say!
But yes the new cars have a lot of things you have to turn off to make them a little more driver friendly...

Still fun though! :happy:

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Have got to seriously get rid of that exhaust... **** it's ugly.
If you get enough lean angle on a series of right handers you may be able to grind it off?

Seriously tho, it's not crazy ugly for an OEM pipe. Have you seen the stock can on the CBR300? Even it's own mother couldnt show it love. :biggrin:

2017-Honda-CBR300R-Motorcycle--Motorcycle-200508448-e677ab2fce2b3df085e916aa2a4bf2e2.jpg

BTW Nice wheelie!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have got to seriously get rid of that exhaust... **** it's ugly.

https://scontent.fakl4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/36474724_10156057571103937_4841993117005512704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4e43185118750d47b284230389b10cee&oe=5BA62A68[/IMG[/quote]

I'm loving the Arrow Race tech. Looks and sounds great.

Reactions: ChaoticBlonde

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you get enough lean angle on a series of right handers you may be able to grind it off?

Seriously tho, it's not crazy ugly for an OEM pipe. Have you seen the stock can on the CBR300? Even it's own mother couldnt show it love. :biggrin:

View attachment 2459

BTW Nice wheelie!

Oh my giddy Aunt that's a shocking exhaust... Have ordered the Akra. Now I wait in anticipation. Also ordered an AS Motegi V2 One Piece at the same time. Do I sense a track day coming up? :ph34r:
Ah yes.. My wheelies haha. I'm trying to hold them longer but power on the 400 is proving to be a challenge..

I'm loving the Arrow Race tech. Looks and sounds great.

Ended up narrowing down to Two Brothers and Akra for the pure exhaust note. Akra looks better so have one on order :yahoo:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Musarri arrived today!

And did an install. Super super quick and easy and so much lighter (and nicer) than the stock.

Tried with baffle in and then out... and decided baffle out. Same loudness, more grunt. Super impressed with it and will be keen to see which way I go once my Akra arrives in a few months.

I’ll upload a video eventually...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Musarri arrived today!

And did an install. Super super quick and easy and so much lighter (and nicer) than the stock.

Tried with baffle in and then out... and decided baffle out. Same loudness, more grunt. Super impressed with it and will be keen to see which way I go once my Akra arrives in a few months.

I’ll upload a video eventually...
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x448/Amber-leighE/F5B8D511-93A2-4FAD-BBDF-C05034D5DA9F_zpsbenvu2rf.jpeg[/IMG[/quote]

Cool. That stock exhaust is a heavy ugly pos.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts