Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I took my bike back to the dealer yesterday as I'm sure it makes a rattling noise (and has done so since the day I bought it) when under any kind of acceleration. Ive only ever driven my old Honda CBR250R single cylinder so tbh I had no idea what a parallel twin should sound like. Anyway the dealer took it for a test ride for me and told me everything sounded fine so I just went with it.

The rattle seemed to be getting louder though so today I stuck my head under the bike and think I found the problem. To me it seems like there is a bolt missing that is supposed to secure the radiator to the chasis here. Now I'm not particularly mechanically minded so I was hoping someone who already had a bike could compare what they have to the photos Ive posted and let me know if they think I'm missing a bolt here or not.

I am able to move the radiator a little bit so it makes sense to me that this could rattle under acceleration but its also possible that Ive got it wrong and its supposed to be like that.

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont suppose you could post a pic of your one could you? I would love to be able to show the dealer what it is supposed to look like. Bit annoyed that they didnt pick it up when I took it back but mistakes happen. Hopefully they are just as quick to put it right as they were to take my money.

·
Registered
377 Posts
no i was saying yours is correct brother, something else is rattling so i would look it over real good. mine has no rattle what so ever. i rode it around 50 miles today and i had no rattling sounds.

·
Registered
377 Posts
No problem. Its good that your paying close attention. Id take a set of wrenches ang go over every bolt or screw I could find starting with the exhaust and heat shield.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
That is a fairly standard set up for rubber mounting a radiator so that it doesn't suffer vibration fatigue. No bolt required.
If you've had a single cylinder CBR then you are probably used to the odd rattle :))) so maybe there is something going on with your bike. If in doubt just keep hammering the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are rubber mounts. Sometimes a rattle while accelerating at lower RPM could be pre-ignition. Try higher octane fuel and see if it goes away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts