Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to install the R6 throttle (2C0-26240-00-00) yesterday, and I can’t get it to work properly. I Shaved down the parts like you are supposed to, but it still doesn’t move freely. And it binds or something when I turn the handle bars to the right. Any tips?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have you read through this thread? I had to remove quite a bit of material from the housing and guide tube before my throttle would return freely. That also allowed the cable to pull in a straight line where it came off from the pulley, giving it enough slack so that it wouldn’t pull tighter when I turned the bars to full lock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you read through this thread? I had to remove quite a bit of material from the housing and guide tube before my throttle would return freely. That also allowed the cable to pull in a straight line where it came off from the pulley, giving it enough slack so that it wouldn’t pull tighter when I turned the bars to full lock.
Yeah I read through that, I dremeled out both spots and it helped a bit, but I obviously need to fix some other part of the housing to get rid of the drag. Could you send photos of which spots you messed with?

·
Registered
222 Posts
@X400X, here’s a picture from one of those threads. It originally came from Norton’s throttle tube installation guide. I’ve marked it in yellow and circled the additional places where I had to grind. I used a Dremel with a sharp 1/8” drill bit, but a ball end cutter would have worked great also.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle part Tire
Be careful when you are modifying the guide tube on the right side of the picture - you have to remove quite a bit of material, but you wouldn’t want to grind all the way through. I ran the drill bit straight in the end of the guide tube exactly where the yellow mark is, making a ramp at least a half of an inch deep so that the cable wouldn’t rub where it comes off from the larger R6 pulley.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@X400X, here’s a picture from one of those threads. It originally came from Norton’s throttle tube installation guide. I’ve marked it in yellow and circled the places where I had to grind. I used a Dremel with a sharp 1/8” drill bit, but a ball end cutter would have worked great also.

View attachment 20644 Be careful when you are modifying the guide tube on the right side of the picture - you have to remove quite a bit of material, but you wouldn’t want to grind all the way through. I ran the drill bit straight in the end of the guide tube exactly where the yellow mark is, making a ramp at least a half of an inch deep so that the cable wouldn’t rub where it comes off from the larger R6 pulley.
Ohhh ok I didn’t mess with the guide tube yet. I’ll drill that out some and give it a shot. Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it to work, I had to dremel down the guide tube a bunch. Feels super solid compared to the stock throttle

·
Registered
2019 Kawsaki Ninja 400 EX400
11 Posts
I’ve done the mod to my n400 as well. I didn’t have to do any modifications to it in order to make it fit.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
When I first got my bike I tried the “Motion Pro R6” tube. It didn’t require any modifications because it was the identical size as the stock tube. No change at all. A total waste of time. I’ve wondered if the actual Yamaha R6 tube has a larger diameter pulley.

I’ve since gone to the full on Motion Pro adjustable throttle assemble and use it’s largest cam. The difference is amazing. I would guess the rotation to full throttle is maybe a little more than 1/8 turn. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts