Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
These look just like the Magnum boots. I have been using Magnums for years: durable, good for almost all weather, light and you can run with them. They can also be used as motorcycle boots, but I don't like wearing shoelaces around fast moving chains. https://magnumboots.com/collections/footwear

I assume that he wants motorcycle boots.

Also interested in this thread as my half-boots gave up on me.
The laces stay knotted and secure. They zip and velcro. No strapon.
:D
Edit .....I've a black pair and a pair in desert sand
Lovem

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
What Tracy posted should get the job done.
More racing, street boots.........any of the ones at Cyclegear.com would work....

I have a couple pairs of Sidi boots I wear, but whatever works

$149.99
Sedici Chicane Boots

$99.99 - More like shoes with additional support
Sedici Sportiva Riding Shoes

Looks like most stuff is currently out of stock.......probably stuck on shipping containers somewhere...

·
Registered
77 Posts

Had these for a year / 6.5k street miles when I had the bike as my only vehicle, so they got a lot of use for both riding and walking (I was in college at the time so I would also wear them to class, etc. in addition to anywhere else I went on the bike). They held up very well overall, I think they would have lasted at least another 2 years. Easy to take on and off, one zipper and one velcro.

Not as protective as race boots, obviously. But the toebox is somewhat stiff, they have toe sliders, and the heel area is well armored. The upper ankle section has no hard protection but the shoe's sidewalls are thick and padded - it won't save your ankle from getting crushed in a bad crash, but will offer some protection in less intense events. They're comfortable enough to walk around in. And they look relatively normal.

Only one issue: The left boot (and the right side, to be symmetrical) has a section of hard material on the top/inside, which I think is intended to be the part that comes into contact with the shifter. But I tend to use the forward part of my foot, near the base of my toes, to shift, so the front edge of that plastic section took some cosmetic damage over time. But it wasn't falling off or anything like that, still held on securely. I imagine after two years of use I would have had to apply some glue to the edge of the piece. And the soft part of boot surface held up well to the shifting action, no damage there.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good suggestions. I appreciate the crashing feedback.
I've crashed on TCX boots and, like I said earlier, they did their job perfectly. I still use them.

I also crashed no Sidi boots. They protected me as intended. What I didn't like was that the ratchet fasteners were damaged during sliding. I had to order replacement parts to repair it and they took a couple of months to arrive because Italians are always on vacation.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I gotta admit gloves and boots are kinda a thing with me. My mother must have had 1000 pair of high healed shoes and I remember trying then all on. But that’s another story. My all time favorite boots are my Dianeses’ that the leathers go on the outside. Rossi style. Super protective but feel like having a pair of sneaker on. They look awesome under a pair of jeans as well as leathers.

But for touring I like my Revit gortex boots. A little hot in the summer but that’s what you get to be water proof.

Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Sportswear Grey Wood

Footwear Brown Durango boot Work boots Human leg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts