Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a shop try to mimic the gray and green paint scheme except with blue on my black bike. Think it turned out pretty good.

Going to put blue rim tape on the wheels and replace the white Kawasaki with a gray logo.

Attachments

· Registered
6,292 Posts
Had a shop try to mimic the gray and green paint scheme except with blue on my black bike. Think it turned out pretty good.

Going to put blue rim tape on the wheels and replace the white Kawasaki with a gray logo.
Oh yeah, I really like that. Kawasaki take note!
The blue rim tape will just make it but personally I would leave the Kawasaki white so it pops. It's your bike though Lol.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, I really like that. Kawasaki take note!
The blue rim tape will just make it but personally I would leave the Kawasaki white so it pops. It's your bike though Lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! I think you're right about the Kawasaki decal popping out nicely with the white. Going to leave that.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This looks great. Do you mind if I ask approximately what the shop charged you to have this done?
Yeah it was ridiculous. They spent 4 hours because they had to take off fairings and the silver vent piece was apparently very hard to wrap. I'm stupid and spent $585...lol. And then ended up taking the gray off ?

Updated pics with Coffman exhaust and different windscreen.

Attachments

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This looks great. Do you mind if I ask approximately what the shop charged you to have this done?
Thanks!

I bought a set of white and set of blue Kawasaki logos for the bottom fairing. Should I go back to stock white or blue? Any suggestions?

Also, bought this front splitter (winglet) but didn't have time to install yet. Here is a pic of my mom holding it up...lol

Installed LED license plate bulb. Best cheapest mod... $5 and only a minute to install. Kind of expensive mod was the extended reach seat...$200 but that extra inch of padding is so worth it.

Put on blue tank pad. I'm officially done now.

Attachments

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A little background...I had a 2019 ZX6R for about 6 months and sold it last month. Amazing bike but was just too uncomfortable for me so I decided to instead get the 400 exactly the way I want it and be done maintaining 3 bikes.

Long story short, sold a 2018 R3 and the ZX6R because I love the 400 so much. I'm not spending another dollar on anything motorcycle related for a very long time ?

Attachments

· Registered
6,292 Posts
A little background...I had a 2019 ZX6R for about 6 months and sold it last month. Amazing bike but was just too uncomfortable for me so I decided to instead get the 400 exactly the way I want it and be done maintaining 3 bikes.

Long story short, sold a 2018 R3 and the ZX6R because I love the 400 so much. I'm not spending another dollar on anything motorcycle related for a very long time ?
Sometimes it just takes a little while to get to something that matches what you always wanted in your own mind right from the start! :D

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sometimes it just takes a little while to get to something that matches what you always wanted in your own mind right from the start! /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]

So true! Unfortunately, I've learned this the hard way in other aspects of life. The painful process of divorce is what spurred this buying spree. ?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm officially done now.
Be honest, you are done 'for' now...

LOL...yes, my previous statement was very dishonest.

P.S. Looks like mom is a good sport![/QUOT

I was 37 last year when I started riding. Parents were more mad at me than any time in my life. A year later, my 71 year old mother wants me to teach her so she can get a motorcycle ?

Attachments

· Registered
145 Posts
@crawfish99 The blue reflective tire tape needs to make it on, in my opinion. You had it on the 10/24 posted photos but it isn't there. I really, really liked it. (I liked the grey vinyl too but that is easier to forget since the shop would charge a ton to replace.) Thanks for all of the photos, soooo pretty.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@crawfish99 The blue reflective tire tape needs to make it on, in my opinion. You had it on the 10/24 posted photos but it isn't there. I really, really liked it. (I liked the grey vinyl too but that is easier to forget since the shop would charge a ton to replace.) Thanks for all of the photos, soooo pretty.
Thanks a lot for your comments! I wasn't sure about about the rim tape and I kind of rushed it the first time and didn't do a good job. I think I will add it back though.

Still need to put on white Kawasaki logo at the bottom. Shouldn't have taken the stock decal off.

· Registered
145 Posts
I hear you, @crawfish99, about the rush job. I don't know if I could be patient enough to apply the rim tape. I want it but.... I haven't put in the time to search it out either. I think that will be a winter/off season goal.
So you can reapply it? Interesting!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts