Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mine came with 0.7 and I am definitely stuffing fully on end of straight braking.

I didn't see this post before ordering the 0.85 from SuperBike Unlimited.

Thanks for the offer!

·
Director of Moderation
3,596 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Finally!!! Got the 0.85 springs from Italy...jeebus that took forever. Track day coming up on Oct 11th.
New SBS DC brake pads installed on the front Brembo caliper.
I am LOVING THIS THING on the track.

Reactions: b0Xcrash and jd41

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yah, I didn't expect it to take THAT LONG. geez.
Result - felt better going into hard braking, but I need to play with my rebound and compression again. Might start over with factory settings. Was feeling a little off after the change.

·
Director of Moderation
3,596 Posts
How often does the gas have to be recharged in these cartridge's?
I am between these and the andreani but the fact that bitubo drop right in have me leaning towards them.
The Bitubo cardridges are nicer and to me it feels better especially in hard braking turns. I had mine serviced 2 years ago, and I'll probably do it again now just for peace of mind, but I haven't noticed any drop in performance so far. As long as the seals do their job and the nitrogen isn't leaking out, it should last quite a long time.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If you've ever rebuilt forks before, this is very straight forward and simple to do.

You WILL need to heat the forks around the seal area to get those *** seals and bushings out. Don't think about reusing them. I about gave myself tendonitis trying to take the one leg apart before I busted out the MAP torch.

I also bought a slim set of wrenches to use on the cap. Its always a tight fit with regular wrenches.

My savior:
View attachment 14066
Good stuff!

Also, I’m in the process of rebuilding a set of 2012 R1 forks for my FZ1 and I just wanted to say If you’re the guy who posted the video on YouTube showing how to remove the lower fork stanchion…thanks!

·
Director of Moderation
3,596 Posts
@falcn Do you have to take out the bottoming cone and top out spring for the installation? Or do you keep them in?
When doing fork cartridges, everything inside the fork comes out. It then gets replaced with the cartridge you're getting. Once you take out the bolt at the bottom, everything inside will come out. It's pretty simple and will make sense when you do it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When doing fork cartridges, everything inside the fork comes out. It then gets replaced with the cartridge you're getting. Once you take out the bolt at the bottom, everything inside will come out. It's pretty simple and will make sense when you do it.
@sbk1198 thank for the clarification, I have the same understanding. However, it seems for the Ohlins Nix 22 you have to reuse the bottoming cone and top out spring.
That what made me a bit confused. But all good now.

·
Director of Moderation
3,596 Posts
@sbk1198 thank for the clarification, I have the same understanding. However, it seems for the Ohlins Nix 22 you have to reuse the bottoming cone and top out spring.
That what made me a bit confused. But all good now.
Yes, for some brands, you may have to use a couple of the stock parts, but they mention it in the instructions. Just follow their instructions and you'll be good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
No modifications are needed to the stock fork internals with the Bitubo cartridges. The instructions are pretty clear when you buy them.

INSTRUCTIONS on this page

You do reuse the top out springs, but they just come out.

Bitubo recommends servicing every 2 years of use or 20,000km.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts