Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my fairings from Reactive Parts CRC race fairings, they arent really expensive to buy until you factor in shipping **** that hurt.

CRC Kawasaki Ninja 400 2018> Complete Set of Race Fairings

Our Price: $585.41

Dont forget the seat mount. If your handy with working metal I am sure you can build it cheaper then buying it. I wont have time to get one made before my next race so I ordered it also.

CRC Kawasaki Ninja 400 2018> Seat Mounting Bracket

Our Price: $35.11

Delivery $203.73 <--- that part really hurt.

Total $824.25

Once they get delivered I will have my little brother get them vinyl wrapped in purple. Yes you read it correct purple!

https://www.crcfairings.co.uk/crc-kawasaki-ninja-400-2018-complete-set-of-race-fairings-3601-p.asp

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
You'll be able to go extra hard out now knowing your OEM fairings wont get wrecked if you fall off!

Seems like you are in a similar situation to us Kiwi's in that you can source stuff globally at good prices off the internet but the postage either kills it or takes the gloss off the deal.

BTW I like purple :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll be able to go extra hard out now knowing your OEM fairings wont get wrecked if you fall off!

Seems like you are in a similar situation to us Kiwi's in that you can source stuff globally at good prices off the internet but the postage either kills it or takes the gloss off the deal.

BTW I like purple :)
After the race our mechanic will make molds from my fairings so hopefully I will get a little money back in my pocket. I get a % from each set he sales.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you gotten a chance to see what they look like? There's no image posted on that website. Or I guess it doesn't really matter because you'll be wrapping them anyways. Purple on black is going to look awesome.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you gotten a chance to see what they look like? There's no image posted on that website. Or I guess it doesn't really matter because you'll be wrapping them anyways. Purple on black is going to look awesome.
No brother I havent gotten any pictures of them yet. I would imagine they will look like the H2, just a guess on my part.

I love purple and black, I havent decided if I will go gloss or matte purple. I need to ask the race director if the gloss would be allowed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey, are you still happy with your CRC BW? I'm in the hunt and they ARE inexpensive, but I'm interested in feedback on the quality too. . .

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, are you still happy with your CRC BW? I'm in the hunt and they ARE inexpensive, but I'm interested in feedback on the quality too. . .
They are really good quality. I normally only buy from CRC I have never had an issue with them in the past. Fitting them the first time is a little awkward to get everything to line up. Especially as they dont do the mounting holes for your mirrors, you have to line it up and drill it yourself.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey SDM, do you use the original fairing stay with the CRC bodywork? I'm looking at Hustlehard, they sell a lightweight fairing stay that eliminates the bulky OEM stuff, but they don't know where the radiator overflow bottle and reg/rect. go. I'm in a 3-way fight with CRC, HB, and HHR for plastics. . . .

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey SDM, do you use the original fairing stay with the CRC bodywork? I'm looking at Hustlehard, they sell a lightweight fairing stay that eliminates the bulky OEM stuff, but they don't know where the radiator overflow bottle and reg/rect. go. I'm in a 3-way fight with CRC, HB, and HHR for plastics. . . .
Right now I am using the stock fairing stay, I just got an aluminum one in from spears racing. I will put that on when I get home from work next month.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Install instructions on the CRC stuff? I don't even think there was parts inventory, just received a box full of plastics. I'm trying to organize and figure it out, but instructions or a video would help. Looks like the tail ships with two pieces connected (and seat) but you need to take it apart to get it around the subframe. . . .

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow, didn't realize how much work the fairings are, nothing is drilled to attach to the bike, there is no hardware, instructions, or diagram. Quality seems a step above HB, but install is ridiculous, may miss race weekend because of crummy customer care. Really CRC?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Wow, didn't realize how much work the fairings are, nothing is drilled to attach to the bike, there is no hardware, instructions, or diagram. Quality seems a step above HB, but install is ridiculous, may miss race weekend because of crummy customer care. Really CRC?
Unfortunately this is not exclusive to CRC. I've bought race fairings and have found the same scenario. And they aint cheap!

Your right, it is a lot of work that you cant rush ideally to drill and fit them up properly. You may find you also need to make up some brackets (as I did for my SV).

Recently I got a guy to custom make me a new tail section for my race bike after I found out he had made the original 10 years ago. Took a bit of tracking down.
He still had the molds and we agreed on a price etc.
Well it turned up fresh outta the mould with the join lines showing and no prep other than a quick 30 second blast with a emery disc on a grinder to knock the worst of the lumps off!
Took me days to sand it back and apply putty primer to fill in the imperfections and more sanding etc etc yadda yadda yadda :sad:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered the front stay from spears racing, I have been at work the last 24 days and haven't had a chance to install it. I'll be home Thursday the 20th I plan in installing it that day. I still have no clue where I'll mount the over flow bottle, or anything else thats mounted to the stock stay. I'll do a write up on it and share pics. When I'm done. If anyone else has done it already share your pics please.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Motion Pro makes an overflow bottle, I just zip-tied it to the side of the frame, seems to be good-to-go (clutch issues preventing further testing).

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Motion Pro makes an overflow bottle, I just zip-tied it to the side of the frame, seems to be good-to-go (clutch issues preventing further testing).
Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can do once I go to install it. Money is tight right now, maybe ill just use a water bottle if nothing else lol.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Can you post a pic of it? I'm interested in a solution as well.

Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can do once I go to install it. Money is tight right now, maybe ill just use a water bottle if nothing else lol.
A buddy of mine said he used a small Gatorade bottle instead of the stock reservoir, and then just zip-tied it to the frame. I don't want to do anything yet until I have fairings because I don't know how much space there will be to work with. Ideally I'd rather just keep the stock one, but it's so freakin big and clunky.

Need to find a place for the R/R as well on the left side. Right now it's just hanging off the side. I have a Spears aluminum fairing bracket which I believe you said you have as well. So that means I can't bolt the R/R on the side anymore and will have to find another place.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts