Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Ninja 400 riders,

Recently my bike has the tendency to steer to the right if i take both my hands off the bars. Although very slightly and in normal condition cannot be detected, still want to have your opinion.

For the record, she had fork oil change some time ago on the right (because of leak, I had the gasket and oil replaced) but I dont think this is the problem since fork oil must follow the specs. She also has a couple of holes in the front and rear tire that were fixed by professional, ie. taking the wheels out, then the tires and fixed from inside. Could this be the problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
It could be several things and unless you are racing, probably not an issue. Fork oil weight and height could be different than the left side. In a far flung thought...it could be additive with the tire repairs, brakes on the right side, fork oil level and SAE weight...maybe even the tire balancing weights. It could even be the way you sit in the seat. If it becomes an issue, I wouldn't hesitate taking it in to a good shop to set it straight.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i found i always sat slightly to the left, i think that was to counteract the slight lean roads have to shed water. i could only tell i was not sitting perfectly straight up because my knees would touch different parts of the fairings on the left vs right.

·
Registered
439 Posts
All good responses.

SGrider, do you have a really flat--eg, not cambered--road where you can test your bike on a windless day?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Is there one (1) bar-end mirror on the bike, specifically on the left side?

Or it's the tires, gotta be, both tires are plugged, too many variables there, tire(s) probly out of balance.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Is there one (1) bar-end mirror on the bike, specifically on the left side?

Or it's the tires, gotta be, both tires are plugged, too many variables there, tire(s) probly out of balance.
Good thinking but I can dispell this one as I had a single bar end mirror on my CBR for three years with no issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As mentioned, it will have to do with your tire balance. I would highly recommend you take it to a shop have them balance the wheel it’s cheap to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts