Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 400 ABS
66 Posts
hello, i have two race spec ninjas. around 53-55 hp, how to improve that? tuned: exhaust (arrow titanium), airbox, airflow, ecu, cams, 415 chain. i have my own dyno.
Maybe velocity stacks if you dont already have them, but the only thing you can work on now is weight reduction really. You can do a battery swap should be able to shave off a few pounds in that. Theres some other small things you can remove but youll have to ask someone with experice racing these bikes. But the best thing to do if you've grown out of its power is get a different bike.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Outside forced induction, or a crap ton of work. Head work, bored throttle bodies and some other internal engine work.
G-Force Performance Center is getting 66+ hp out of their bike naturally aspirated, but they say it was not cheap getting there and they are shooting for 70+ hp once they install a heavily modified head.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would guess you are looking for more acceleration. It can be achieved by lighter weight, less aero drag, less parasitic losses, or more average power between shifts.
If just HP is the target, more compression, more rpm, more displacement. Compression is 'free' power. No downside.

Reactions: Flash Bantam
1 - 16 of 16 Posts