Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I have not been here for awhile, I hope everyone is well.
Okay, My Bike 2019 has been sitting a long time, I tried starting it, Did not happen, So I put a Charger on it, The Charger read Battery fully charged, I get lights, But dose not start, All I get is a click....
So is it the battery our maybe a fuse....?

·
Super Moderator
1,014 Posts
Hey Mg +1 on Delurker. You can probably start the bike with the charger on but more than likely if you have charged overnight and it still clicks, you most likely have a dead cell.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You may try removing, cleaning and reinstalling the battery's cables. Unless you find a poor connection at the battery, my bet's a bad battery, but a 2019's shouldn't have run down that quickly. For sure I'd try using a charger or other jump to try and start it to eliminate other bad connections.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy's..
It dose click...I tried starting with charger on, No go.
I'll try checking the connection's, Then off to the Battery shop to have it checked....

·
Registered
374 Posts
To rule out the battery, just connect it to a car battery (be careful with the wiring connections, you don't want the bare wire to touch any of the chasses) and see if it will start up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm curious. Until last spring when I got the Z I only rode older bikes with no electronics. Can you roll off a newer bike with dead battery like my old KZ?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm curious. Until last spring when I got the Z I only rode older bikes with no electronics. Can you roll off a newer bike with dead battery like my old KZ?
I am gonna assume you mean pretty much push starting the bike. Pull the clutch in and have someone push or down an incline and pop it into gear and start the bike that way. I have done it several times with my GSXRs when the stator failed. Doing it would be much easier with the lighter weight of the 400. So yes is the answer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts